General Discussion
  >> tbbMeter Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User captainwebb
(newbie) Mon 13-Jun-11 21:01:54
Print Post

Hiding on-screen meter

[link to this post]

99.9999% of the time, I don't need/want an on-screen display of spot broadband usage - I actually use my computer for computing, not broadband monitoring. All I need is an on-demand pop-up of total up/download, and I get that by hoveringmy mouse over the tray icon.

tbbmeter impolitely insists on sitting on screen. I know I can make it less obtrusive, by minimising size and transparency (actually, of course, one minimises OPACITY. Could some one please tell thinkbroadband the difference?). However, the thing just keeps hanging around, like a bad smell.

How can I make it go away till I want it, or at least make it totally transparent so that it doesn't impinge?
Standard User MHC
(legend) Mon 13-Jun-11 23:31:44
Print Post

Re: Hiding on-screen meter

[re: captainwebb] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by captainwebb:
99.9999% of the time, I don't need/want an on-screen display of spot broadband usage - I actually use my computer for computing, not broadband monitoring. All I need is an on-demand pop-up of total up/download, and I get that by hoveringmy mouse over the tray icon.

tbbmeter impolitely insists on sitting on screen. I know I can make it less obtrusive, by minimising size and transparency (actually, of course, one minimises OPACITY. Could some one please tell thinkbroadband the difference?). However, the thing just keeps hanging around, like a bad smell.

How can I make it go away till I want it, or at least make it totally transparent so that it doesn't impinge?

Use the <Minimise> button?

Takes it off the screen and just leaves the System Tray Icon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User camieabz
(legend) Tue 14-Jun-11 12:10:07
Print Post

[re: captainwebb] [link to this post]

Right click TBB meter and in option tick the boxes "Run on Startup" and "Start Minimised".

~~~~~~~~~~

© Camieabz 2002-2011

Live BQM

My Broadband Speed Test

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User captainwebb
(newbie) Wed 15-Jun-11 22:52:34
Print Post

[re: camieabz] [link to this post]

Thanks, guys.
  Print Thread

Jump to