General Discussion
  >> tbbMeter Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 26-Sep-11 12:01:29
Print Post

Re: TB Meter showing constant download

[re: joypmarsh] [link to this post]

I am confused.

tbbmeter will only show traffic on a particular computer. What mode are you running the meter in, I presume All internet Traffic (TCP/UDP).

if the graph is showing download/upload activity for TCP traffic , the grab TCP log should show it, or you can view this dynamically via the Statistics | Alarms and View Sites visited window.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User joypmarsh
(newbie) Mon 26-Sep-11 12:28:24
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Hi MrSaffron, I was only mentioning the laptop because of a possible router problem. I had been asked what was connected too the router so thought any additional information would be helpful.

Thanks for the input.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 26-Sep-11 13:09:36
Print Post

Hello,

If you open a dos prompt again and do a netstat, but this time instead of netstat /a, type netstat /b

It will tell you what service or program is actually transmitting the data to the ip address. If you dont recognise that program, google it's name to find out what it is.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User joypmarsh
(newbie) Mon 26-Sep-11 16:17:31
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

HI there, Okay did this but it says "cannot obtain user information" or something like that. Also none of the IP addresses are 63.245.193.66 but I assume they just show differently in that type of window as the meter was showing the downloading at the time.

It is strange that when I actually do something, like now, which is connected to the Internet the downloading stops sometimes and then starts again.

Edited by joypmarsh (Mon 26-Sep-11 16:31:18)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 26-Sep-11 16:38:23
Print Post

If you open the CSV our Record TCP data for 30 seconds created, this lists the Process Identifier (PiD) so you can kill a process using Task Manager if you wish, and the name of the exe involved.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User joypmarsh
(newbie) Mon 26-Sep-11 17:04:53
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

SORTED. Thanks to the last Poster, Mr Saffron, I was able to go into Task Manager and identify the process. It was in fact Dell Datasafe Online which I subscribe to for backups and which, as far as I knew, only came into operation once a week to do a backup.

Wow, at least I now know it is not dangerous. Thank heavens.

Also part of the name was indeed NoBu which is what someone else suggested.

I am so grateful to all of you here who give your time to people like to help us out and make our lives easier.

Thanks again.
Standard User MHC
(legend) Mon 26-Sep-11 22:39:24
Print Post

I tried to access 63.245.193.67 and I had a certificate warning - only valid for nobu.backup.com ... and nobu rang a bell as being "good"

I then went to nobu.backup.com and it comes back wit the login page for Norton Online Backup

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to