General Discussion
  >> tbbMeter Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Alchad
(newbie) Tue 18-Oct-11 12:17:51
Print Post

TB Stats being lost

[link to this post]

I've just changed to satellite broadband which has a defined monthly quota so I started monitoring using the "full stats" option. This was in the middle of September, and I kept checking and the usage was being shown. I hadn't checked for a while so went back yesterday Evertyhing seemed to be fine for a week or so, but then looked yesterday to find only the past week or so's usage was shown, before that usage was shown as zero.

I can't see any reset options so just wondered what could have caused this - and how long is the usage supposed to be recorded for?

Thanks

Alchad
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 18-Oct-11 12:20:39
Print Post

Re: TB Stats being lost

[re: Alchad] [link to this post]

It happens when the PC refuses to allow the app to write the stats to disk.
If the app is fully registered the data will be under your www.thinkbroadband.com user profile.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Alchad
(newbie) Thu 27-Oct-11 11:22:52
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks - and sorry for late acknowledgement!!

Found the stats where you suggested, but ay ideas as to what need to change to make my PC write the stats - I'm on Widows 7 if it helps.

Alchad

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 27-Oct-11 19:36:47
Print Post

[re: Alchad] [link to this post]

Is the machine NOW losing the stats everytime it reboots?

If yes, then suggests the software is being refused write access to the folder the exe is in. Does the tbbmeter.log file update, this should be a log of what tbbmeter has been getting up to and is a text file you can open in notepad

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Alchad
(newbie) Thu 10-Nov-11 16:27:18
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Andrew,

Thought I'd replied once with a copy of the log, but doesn't seem to have got through!

Anyway, had a look at the log but couldn't make much sense of it so I removed and reinstalled TB meter on Sunday and since then it's showing the traffic on every day. I'll monitor to see what happens at months end.

Thanks for the help.
  Print Thread

Jump to