General Discussion
  >> tbbMeter Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Cato2
(member) Tue 22-Nov-11 08:46:07
Print Post

tbbmeter fails to auto update

[link to this post]

I was getting the auto-update window on bootup, and accepting the update, but it never updates. Then I completely uninstalled tbbmeter (2 versions + the loader service), and re-installed latest version - however it's still saying I must auto-update.

I'm using it on Win7 x64 Home Premium, latest version of tbbmeter as of yesterday.

Hope there's a solution to this.

Fix O2 routing loss with any Netgear firmware: fix-netgear tool for Windows/Linux/Mac (download page)
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 22-Nov-11 10:20:39
Print Post

Re: tbbmeter fails to auto update

[re: Cato2] [link to this post]

Auto update?

There is a pop up message if your installed version is behind the one on the server, so first question which version are you running? i.e. number from About tbbMeter window?

On the hard disk in the tbbmeter folder (program files (x86)\thinkbroadband.com) look for tbbmeter.new and if the date of this file is recent, then close tbbmeter and rename tbbmeter.exe to tbbmeter.oldversion and then rename tbbmeter.new to tbbmeter.exe and run it.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to