General Discussion
  >> tbbMeter Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Andrycus
(newbie) Sun 04-Dec-11 15:10:13
Print Post

tbbMeter not remembering Kaspersky is present.

[link to this post]

I have installed tbbmeter and have Kaspersky as my AV. (I'm running Windows 7)
When I first ran tbbmeter it asked about Kaspersky and I gave the required answer.
Within the options two boxes get ticked. "dont check for kaspersky" and "kaspersky detected" (The kaspersky detected box is not editable via the options.)

The next time the computer is started up the tbbmeter shows the download speeds as double.
Checking the options shows the "dont check for Kaspersky is checked" but "kaspersky detected" is not ticked..

To get it to work I needed to uncheck the "check for kaspersky" box then restart tbbmeter. It then asks about kaspersky and the options box shows "kaspersky detected" as ticked.

But... every time I restart the computer the problem is repeated. The software doesn't remember I have kaspersky installed. But it does remember the "dont check" so it doesnt offer me the chance to check on opening my computer. Obviously I dont want to answer if I've kaspersky installed every time I open the computer, so the solution would be for it to remember I've kaspersky installed.

Is there a solution to this problem? Am I doing something wrong?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 04-Dec-11 16:59:40
Print Post

Re: tbbMeter not remembering Kaspersky is present.

[re: Andrycus] [link to this post]

It is a bug, that will get cleared up.
Some versions of Kaspersky appear to run ok, which threw a lot of confusion into the testing, and hence this bug.

One solution is to disable the TCP/UDP mode, and we then see the correct data values from the network interface. Generally only an option if you dont have lots of LAN traffic

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk

Edited by MrSaffron (Sun 04-Dec-11 17:00:48)

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to