General Discussion
  >> tbbMeter Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User don_b
(newbie) Sat 31-Dec-11 18:09:01
Print Post

Isopure

[link to this post]

Isopure used to run a speed test just about every day for more than a year. I recently switched from very poor mobile broadband to satellite. The day the satellite was installed was the last time Isopure ran. I didn't alter or even open any settings in tbbMeter to change a thing. Why did this function quit upon change of internet feed?

Do I return it to proper function with Options/Disable Automated Testing check box? I don't remember the status of that checkbox when I began looking around to see why Isopure quit but it has been unchecked for a while now and still no Isopure speed tests showing in the Speedtest.Results log. Thanks.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 31-Dec-11 18:21:06
Print Post

Re: Isopure

[re: don_b] [link to this post]

I guess you mean Isposure?

______________________________________________________________________________. __________________
Standard User don_b
(newbie) Sat 31-Dec-11 19:07:45
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Oh jeez. Indeed, that's what I mean. Funny I've been looking at that word since August of 2010 and never bothered to look close enough at it to realize what it said. Duh!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 31-Dec-11 23:21:12
Print Post

We have not done anything with Isposure in tbbmeter for sometime now, in 2011 we added an automated testing module to tbbmeter where we had control of the tests. Once that testing was over we disabled any further testing.

The tests used are included in the tbbmeter test tools if you want to run them.

Version 2 should give people the option for setting up their own testing schedule. But don't hold your breath, have plenty of other things on the wish list to do first

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User don_b
(newbie) Sun 01-Jan-12 19:08:30
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Is this why my computers quit collecting Isposure test results in the Speedtest Results log on Dec 22? The fact this happened when I switched from mobile broadband to satellite feed on that day is merely coincidental?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 02-Jan-12 15:09:49
Print Post

Nope - most likely the reason Isposure stopped is that with a satellite connection the latency will be outside the range it takes as representing an idle connection.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User don_b
(newbie) Sat 04-Feb-12 19:54:10
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I don't know what happened but after three weeks of being completely off-duty, Isposure started working again. It runs nearly every day just like it used to.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 04-Feb-12 20:38:45
Print Post

Perhaps it had flew flu after too much Isexposure.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User greenorange
(newbie) Wed 15-Feb-12 08:25:43
Print Post

I am so glad this online factor functions as well as your post definitely helped me. Might take you up on that home advice you.
  Print Thread

Jump to