General Discussion
  >> tbbMeter Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User hinchliff
(newbie) Tue 03-Jan-12 21:50:26
Print Post

new to this - can the tbbmeter monitor multiple sources

[link to this post]

Hi

I am pretty new to all this and was wondering if this monitor can monitor usage from multiple sources and tell me what they are all using . ie if I have a PC and BT broadband and put the monitor on the PC, but my son uses a ps3 and my daughter her i phone - wil it log the traffic from them all so I can see who uses what..?
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 03-Jan-12 22:13:41
Print Post

Re: new to this - can the tbbmeter monitor multiple sources

[re: hinchliff] [link to this post]

Afraid not. It counts the traffic on each device it is installed on. So if you had 3 PCs each with it, it can upload the figures to the website so you can see the totals, but things like the PS3 and iPhone cannot have it installed.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User trogoy
(member) Thu 02-Feb-12 13:21:33
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Hi RobertoS. i've just installed this as well. On my laptop I have 2 users, myself and my wife. I've logged in and installed it on the laptop under my login/username but will it still monitor my wifes usage when she logs on to this laptop or do i need to get her to install it on the laptop as well under her username/login?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 02-Feb-12 13:28:45
Print Post

[re: trogoy] [link to this post]

Install it a second time, but would recommend using different folders for the installations.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User trogoy
(member) Thu 02-Feb-12 14:37:49
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

i tried installing it again but it wouldnt let me do it on her login. How do i install it to a different folder?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 02-Feb-12 15:20:20
Print Post

[re: trogoy] [link to this post]

Mmm if this is XP then it can be done, not so sure on Vista or Windows 7

For XP it means copying the files needed manually to another folder. Messy I know, but not had time to get multi-user support added.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User bigluap
(newbie) Wed 06-Jun-12 03:28:11
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I have a program called network magic, it originally came with a D-Link router, but can be found on the web. It has the ability to monitor device connected to the wen over a period of 7 days.

nb it might say newbie, Been building PCs since 386SX25 late 80's
My network is VM 30 (soon to be 60) VMDG 480 Gigabit router 2 x cat5e cables to work room, one for gigabit to 8 port switch, second N WiFi router in dual channel mode 300 mbit/sec & other devices, the other for 10/100 to 16 port switch (runs at 200mbit according to the spec sheet) Printer etc.
  Print Thread

Jump to