General Discussion
  >> tbbMeter Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mfic
(newbie) Thu 02-Feb-12 10:09:12
Print Post

ttbmeter random resets itself to a new installation

[link to this post]

meter resets itself randomly to zero - to what looks like a brand new installation - no pattern obvious. resets have been after 13 days, 4 days, 7 days etc - lose all history be it daily weekly monthly
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 02-Feb-12 11:34:42
Print Post

Re: ttbmeter random resets itself to a new installation

[re: mfic] [link to this post]

Most likely a problem with the local file storage, and as app cannot write to the data file it starts a new one.

Design is such that registered users with an account on www.thinkbroadband.com can view the data going back for over two years now

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User mfic
(newbie) Thu 02-Feb-12 12:47:47
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

thx

gonna re-install and then use the online stats

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 02-Feb-12 13:30:25
Print Post

If it is running, no real need for a re-install, just use the register option and make sure to validate the login you use for www.thinkbroadband.com NOT the one for forums.thinkbroadband.com

Data is uploaded roughly every hour to 12 hours. Random to avoid a big regional broadband outage causing a sync, and thousands of you trying to upload at once.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User mfic
(newbie) Thu 02-Feb-12 13:57:27
Print Post

the upload seems OK But hoping re-install will stop the problem of completely re-setting itself, as it might do it without realising it and if I haven't checked stats so dont know MTD usage it could be very misleading to rely on it
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 02-Feb-12 15:21:19
Print Post

Trust me a re-install wont help with the re-setting, the install will just put the same exe's onto the machine.

Standard User mfic
(newbie) Thu 02-Feb-12 19:19:27
Print Post

but what will though ? I just need to feel that stats MTD are reliable . at mo I cant trust them at all
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 02-Feb-12 21:10:34
Print Post

I've not had anyone moan about the lose of the stats from the upload to our website which is were the core effort went in.

I need to sit down and figure out precisely why some people see this problem a lot, and others never. Then code a solution to it.

Standard User mfic
(newbie) Fri 03-Feb-12 09:32:48
Print Post

Ah - thats got me wondering . I've checked online stats for Jan and there are 1/2 days where there is no traffic at all which is pretty unlikely, so if the upload point occurs after TTBM has reset to zero on my laptop, then is zero that willl be loaded to th eonline stats ? Which means missing up to 12 hrs of data both on LT and online. (I'm a bit slow I know !)

Ref this comment y-day .... Most likely a problem with the local file storage, and as app cannot write to the data file it starts a new one ...... is that something I can resolve ?

Is there a ttbm program activity log that clocks re-sets, data upload times etc ?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 03-Feb-12 09:35:47
Print Post

Yes a file called tbbmeter.log in the same folder as the exe
Also you will find backup files named after the day of week.

First step of changes will be to allow you to browse these files in tbbmeter.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to