General Discussion
  >> tbbMeter Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 13-Apr-12 15:33:59
Print Post

Wifi Traffic

[link to this post]

Apologies if this has been asked already, I did a brief forum search but couldn't see anything.

I've been having issues with going over my 40gb limit (52gb last month) which I think is due to the kids and their ipods / laptops etc. I've downloaded tbbMeter, as recommended by BT and run a few tests.

Question: Does the meter record what is downloaded onto devices connected wirelesly? I think not as I did some updates from the app store and my useage meter stayed at nothing. Can the tool be configured to detect downloads from ipods or is there another tool that need? Do I need to 'point' the tool at the router?

Any assistance greatly appreciated as I think 90% of my activity is wireless...
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 13-Apr-12 15:52:15
Print Post

Re: Wifi Traffic

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

tbbMeter measures the traffic through the network interface/card on the device it is installed on. Which means only a single Windows-based computer., though you can install it on several and it will provide totals.

You need a router that reports WAN traffic through its GUI or that has SNMP capability. PRTG is useful as well.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 13-Apr-12 17:01:05
Print Post

Re: Wifi Traffic

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Apple App Store has Download Meter, which I use on an iPhone.

Android devices seem to have reasonable tracking built int.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to