General Discussion
  >> tbbMeter Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User pfv
(newbie) Wed 25-Apr-12 12:20:34
Print Post

Registration error

[link to this post]

I have just installed tbbMeter, and tried to Register it. I am getting an error box coming up headed "tbbMeter Registration" with the text:
Registration error
Error message is Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1.

How do I prevent the error?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 25-Apr-12 12:22:42
Print Post

Re: Registration error

[re: pfv] [link to this post]

I need to take a look at the code, to find exactly where the message comes from. That wont be until this evening

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User pfv
(newbie) Tue 01-May-12 13:31:37
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Any progress on this please?

I'm still getting the error message if I retry registering on this desktop machine running 32-bit Windows 7, and there is a similar message pops up, I think once a day but it may be more often, with a heading about uploading, but it doesn't stay long enough for me to read it clearly.

It registered without problem on my laptop running 64-bit Windows 7 and the data is recorded in the statistics.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 01-May-12 14:53:49
Print Post

Cannot be 100% sure, as the error could occur in a section that has abotu 100 lines of code, but I would double check what provider you picked for your service in the Broadband Provider list.

Can reproduce a similar error by not picking one.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User pfv
(newbie) Tue 01-May-12 16:50:05
Print Post

I have definitely selected Virgin Media as the provider. The only blank field is the Line Connection (Sync) Speed, as I cannot find that field in the Virgin Super Hub connection details. There is a field headed "Max Raw Bit Rate" (showing 55616000 Kbits/sec) - is that it?

However, I left that field blank on the laptop as well, and that satisfactorily registered.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 01-May-12 17:20:22
Print Post

Line connection speed, as you are on Virgin Media cable, you would enter 50000 i.e. 50 Meg

Idea was to take specific values for the variable speed products, so we could map them eventually, not that I've had chance to yet.

The new beta may improve things, want to run that as a beta for a day or two.

Standard User pfv
(newbie) Tue 01-May-12 18:23:05
Print Post

I've tried filling that field in, but I still get the same error message.

I've also uninstalled and re-installed the application and related files using Revo Uninstaller, and I still get the same error.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 01-May-12 18:42:58
Print Post

Wait for the beta to go fully released which may catch it. Alas there is not enough detail in the error to pin down the exact line of code.

A screenshot of what you have set before pressing the register button may help me reproduce it. You can email it to andrew@thinkbroadband.com rather than let the whole world see what you've entered

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 02-May-12 10:20:38
Print Post

Thanks for the screenshot, alas on Win 7 Premium it does not give any errors.

I know the function you are in, so will belt and braces the code, so that if it happens again we can pin down which bit of code.

Standard User pfv
(newbie) Fri 20-Jul-12 12:45:43
Print Post

Apologies for not having followed this up for some time.

I've done a repair installation, and upgraded to the latest version, and I'm still getting the same error message as I got when I first tried.

I've just installed it on my wife's machine, which is running the same Windows version, and using the same data on the Registration screen apart from the computer name, and it registered straight away without any problems.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to