General Discussion
  >> tbbMeter Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User raven1968
(newbie) Sat 12-May-12 09:40:01
Print Post

tbbm 0.9.8.4 Speedtest Wrong

[link to this post]

Hi

I am using The above version of your meter on a 100Mbps Virginmedia connection.
However I have noticed it appears to be showing double the download/upload speeds.

According to the meter I am downloading at 194Mbps?

I notice that you have other versions in beta with calibration but this version does not appear to offer that function.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 12-May-12 10:51:29
Print Post

Re: tbbm 0.9.8.4 Speedtest Wrong

[re: raven1968] [link to this post]

What mode is the meter running in? i.e is TCP/UDP monitoring enabled? Do you have kaspersky installed.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User raven1968
(newbie) Sat 12-May-12 15:23:35
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Hi

It's running with all Internet Traffic (TCP/UDP)

I use Avast Antivirus

Thanks

Tim

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 12-May-12 17:37:19
Print Post

Will release an update on Sunday, and we can see how that handles this

Can you tell me the tbbInstance number in your tbbmeter info window

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User raven1968
(newbie) Sat 12-May-12 23:05:23
Print Post

Hi Mr Saffron

Here is the tbb meter instance number

Almost looks like a mobile number if it weren't for the fact there's too many digits.

rofl
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 14-May-12 16:43:47
Print Post

Sorry for the delay, I have now added you to the beta roll-out list. So you should have the upgrade available to you

Andrew

Standard User raven1968
(newbie) Mon 14-May-12 22:55:46
Print Post

Hi

Thanks for the rollout.

First the good news. The Speeds seem to match up with the download speeds steam is reporting now.

Now for the bad news.

I can't run the calibration test. When I do an error box comes up to say that there are Abnormal results, and it keeps looping so yet more boxes pop up.

I end up having to go into Task Manager and force the Application to quit. frown

Tim
Standard User raven1968
(newbie) Thu 17-May-12 09:18:46
Print Post

Hi

Thanks for the latest update - Calibration now only gives the one popup. However speedtest does not seem to be able to keep up with 100Mb/s connection.

Highest speedtest I have had from your application is 22Mb/s when downloading from Steam I regularly hit 86Mb/s.

Also due to the Calibration being outside normal values, once calibrated tbbmeter halves the download speeds.

Pre calibration the speeds were tallying with reported download speeds over Steam so I have now reset the calibration, and all is well.

Tim
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 17-May-12 10:02:18
Print Post

Calibration is independent of the speed.

It measures the size of a 5MB download via the graphing system, and via a HTTP request. The two should agree i.e. give 1.000.

If more than 2 then likely to be an AV issue, or multiple interfaces being monitored.

When you say speedtest which menu option exactly? The run thinkbroadband speedtest is not linked to the tool, but jumps off to a webpage and runs our usual web based speed test.

Try pressing CTRL SHIFT F2 when the main graph has the focus, this will run a test sequence.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/images/reviews/devolo-... shows the app when running with TCP/UDP disabled doing some lan file transfer tests

Print Thread

Jump to