General Discussion
  >> tbbMeter Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User geo9meT
(newbie) Mon 16-Jul-12 16:23:26
Print Post

pause after log in

[link to this post]

hi, new user here. Since downloading tbb meter, when I click on my account to log in it takes quite a time (the pc seems to be ok when first switching on), and this didn't happen beforehand. I have looked in event viewer and received the errors 7032, 7031, 7024. Anyone have any idea what is going on? Should I perhaps stop the service/services relating to tbb from starting automatically. Any help would be gratefully received.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 16-Jul-12 16:52:02
Print Post

Re: pause after log in

[re: geo9meT] [link to this post]

To say anything, then more information on the events that are in event viewer, i.e. all the detail there is are needed.

These errors can be raised by many processes/services running on the PC.

The tbbLoaderService is run automatically, to start the tbbMeter.exe process. Between the service starting and exe running, we wait for a few other windows bits to start, and then add a few more seconds before starting tbbMeter. This waiting is done in a concurrent manner, so should not unduly slow down any other start-up processes.

If you dont use tbbLoaderService to start tbbmeter, then you would need to grant it UAC rights every time it runs. You can temporarily disable the service if you want, and see what difference it makes.

What AV/Firewall software are you running? As the delay may be that software checking that nothing untoward is going on.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User geo9meT
(newbie) Thu 19-Jul-12 07:30:20
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

hi, thanks for your reply and sorry I have been unable to get back for a few days. The AV and Firewall I use are both mcafee but before downloading tbb meter I didn't have the slow-down issue. What I have noticed is, if I delay for a few seconds before actually logging in to my account then log in itself is almost as quick as before. I then find that tbb meter is the very last thing to appear after all the other icons have settled. So, I think I can work with that situation. The trick is the slight delay before actually logging in, and I can use that time to collect my papers together. If I find the slow-down issue get's any worse I will try disabling the tbbLoaderService. Many thanks for your advice.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 19-Jul-12 11:31:08
Print Post

[re: geo9meT] [link to this post]

The tbbLoaderService starts and has a deliberate delay to allow other things to start, before running the GUI side of the meter.

The big bit of work for tbbmeter is loading your historical usage data (two months at 5 minute resolution), where they may be delays is because we are monitoring IP level connections, and if a network interface is slow to respond at boot time this can slow things down.

A major rewrite is due in the autumn/winter

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to