General Discussion
  >> tbbMeter Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User tardis100
(newbie) Wed 01-Aug-12 06:41:05
Print Post

Meter not reverting to zero at beginning of month

[link to this post]

Hi I am a complete newbie just downloaded the meter during the past week. August 1st today and meter has not reverted to zero to start counting again. I've looked to see what I can do but can't find a solution.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 01-Aug-12 08:48:11
Print Post

Re: Meter not reverting to zero at beginning of month

[re: tardis100] [link to this post]

Which counters are you referring to?

Quick Stats
Full Stats
Quota
Alarms

The later two can be defined such that their roll-over date is NOT the 1st of the month.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User tardis100
(newbie) Wed 01-Aug-12 09:46:41
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks for the reply as far as I know I have set the meter to the 1st of the month. (Options/Quota settings) When checking I right click on the icon in the task barn, choose Statistics and Alarms - and see the list of Quick stats where it said today - the first time I had switched on - about 15Mb downloaded and 36Mb in the week (only had the meter 3 or 4 days) I was expecting to see a zero reading for 1st August? Should the meter re-set itself?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 01-Aug-12 11:20:45
Print Post

[re: tardis100] [link to this post]

Quick stats are different from the quota, which shows up in the bottom line of the main application window.

A week is Monday to Sunday, so with today as 1st August, this runs from Monday 30th to Sunday 5th August. Today is obvious, and Month is actually the calendar month.

Sounds like it is working as planned, just a little confusion over what comprises a week.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User tardis100
(newbie) Thu 02-Aug-12 16:53:06
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Hi thanks for getting back to me again and sorry for the hiatus, my internet connection has been down but now seems OK again. Thanks too for the explanation I guess I was just too impatient. I can see that all is OK now. Many thanks.
  Print Thread

Jump to