General Discussion
  >> tbbMeter Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 19-Aug-12 09:43:36
Print Post

tbbMeter setup

[link to this post]

hi, downloaded and installed the tbbMeter but i could do with some help setting it up properly, to be honest i think i should of got the monitor but if the meter can help me with my problem then fine. i'm on virgins 100Mb but basically every evening when i game i experience bad lag/rubber banding and TS3 connection info says upto 30% packet loss, after a short time sorts itself out but can happen 2-3 times a night and worse on weekends, i want the meter/monitor to watch my ping/latency, basically the quality last few week has gone way down hill but tech support always say no problems
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 19-Aug-12 11:07:23
Print Post

Re: tbbMeter setup

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

The tbbMeter software i.e. http://www.thinkbroadband.com/tbbmeter.html is more for monitoring download/upload speeds.

if latency and packet loss is what you want to monitor then http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping which runs on our server is what you need. Setup guide so the Superhub will respond to pings is at
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/guides/routers/vi...

The architecture of DOCSIS networks mean that they are more likely to suffer packet loss or delayed packets and jitter. With Virgin Media pushing the network capabilities too, then this does not help.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Bellows
(newbie) Sun 19-Aug-12 13:21:55
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

hi bud,thanks for reply, i'm in a bit of a pickle due to the fact that when i try create a new monitor and fill all details in i get (You are already monitoring this IP address), how do i cancel all my details for my IP/meter to register the monitor

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 19-Aug-12 14:30:34
Print Post

[re: Bellows] [link to this post]

Looking at your profile on www.thinkbroadband.com you appear to have a monitor already defined for the IP address the internet sees you as.

What you need to do is reconfigure the superhub to respond to ping/icmp requests as detailed in the link I gave you

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Bellows
(newbie) Sun 19-Aug-12 17:48:49
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

hi, my superhub is already set to respond to ping, whats the difference between the meter to the monitor that runs from your server, you state i need the monitor, i've uninstalled the meter so how do i get the monitor, cheers for ya help

Edited by Bellows (Sun 19-Aug-12 17:50:16)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 19-Aug-12 18:41:43
Print Post

[re: Bellows] [link to this post]

It's the second link in his first post here. It's great, but if your IP address changes regularly it isn't usable as it loses you.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre FTTC 80/20 trial.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User Bellows
(newbie) Mon 20-Aug-12 07:20:10
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

AHHH, cheers, sussed it, many thanks
  Print Thread

Jump to