General Discussion
  >> tbbMeter Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Richardcn
(newbie) Fri 14-Sep-12 13:32:25
Print Post

TBB Meter reading low

[link to this post]

Hi

I've been using TBB meter for a good while now and it's been really useful, especially when arguing the toss with my fruity broadband provider! However, I updated to the latest version a few days ago and ever since then the graph has been consistently under-reading by 1 - 2Mbps. The Test Results are accurate and in line with the speed I am getting as verified by other sources, it's just the graph that is wrong. I have tried changing all the settings but I cannot get back to the accuracy that I had before. I have reverted to the old version (latest version available on the TBB website) but the problem now exists with that version too! I have made no other changes to the laptop in this period. Running Windows Vista Home SP2, Avast AV and Comodo Firewall.

Any idea what has happened please?

Regards
Richard

Edited by Richardcn (Fri 14-Sep-12 13:32:58)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 14-Sep-12 13:41:54
Print Post

Re: TBB Meter reading low

[re: Richardcn] [link to this post]

What does tbbmeter show for the Data Calibration figure in the About window?

Also what mode are you using, i.e. what is ticked under the types of traffic to display?

Andrew

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Richardcn
(newbie) Fri 14-Sep-12 13:56:50
Print Post

Re: TBB Meter reading low

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Hi

Thanks for the super prompt reply. However, I have found a fix, albeit it doesn't explain the problem (nor resolve it). I have installed the oldest available version from the website and it is all back to normal now. I don't know what the Data Calibration figure was, I didn't look when I had the newer versions installed but I did try all of the different traffic options and calibrated each time (and reset too) but all to no avail. I am happy to stick with this version for now as it gives me what I need but I would be willing to reinstall later versions and give you the required data to try and fix the problem if you feel it might benefit others.

Regards
Richard

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to