General Discussion
  >> tbbMeter Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User surfer6
(newbie) Wed 28-Nov-12 13:04:47
Print Post

ttb meter

[link to this post]

i use the tbb to check my usage with BT option 1 which gives me 10GB per month.
this month the ttb meter shows of about 5GB. BT reckon i have used about 10.5GB.
i have another pc linked to the router - but rarely use this to download anything.
i just worry about the accuracy of the ttb?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 28-Nov-12 15:22:41
Print Post

Re: ttb meter

[re: surfer6] [link to this post]

The simplest check is to download something of known size and see if its counters go up by the right amount.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 28-Nov-12 18:22:19
Print Post

What do you do on the other PC, and why aren't you running tbbMeter on that as well? Then you could get a total page on the tbbMeter website.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 53.5/15.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User surfer6
(newbie) Fri 30-Nov-12 17:15:43
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

my other pc is a laptop used mainly by my wife (shopping). it has ttb meter on it. the usage this month is only about 150mb.
Just had my bill from BT - for 11.5GB this month. the ttb meter still only shows about 5.5GB usage for November.
Standard User surfer6
(newbie) Mon 03-Dec-12 12:17:34
Print Post

just had the bt usage for 2 days - 1and 2 Dec =0.99GB. TTB shows 412mb!!! TTB must be missing some download somewhere. (not used the laptop)
At this rate it will be up to 10GB in 20 days.
However we do have an ipad and iphone - so i accept there is some not showing on TTB.My wife uses facebook on the ipad (lots of daughters!!!) so does that use a lot?
With my iphone i use the wifi to the router so obviously surfing at home doesnt come off my phone allowance. (i dont do videos or gaming).
But BT indicates my average useage through the summer is about 7GB.
i did ask BT for the logs of the downloads of the useage - but wouldnt give - yet they must have them to make up the Account - so much for freedom of information!!!
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 03-Dec-12 12:53:23
Print Post

Facebook, can easily use a lot of data, pictures, the odd video clip, downloading a small game to play etc

I use http://hedonicsoft.com/prod/iphone/download-meter/?l... on my iPhone, and not unusual to see 700MB to over 1GB a month, from just some games, twitter and email. Remember all the application updates over the course of the month.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User surfer6
(newbie) Mon 03-Dec-12 17:13:55
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

i use dataman on my iphone - i have used 350mb on wifi this month and 16.3 mb roaming.
so its not me!!!! (it could be BT) definitely thinking of changing when i get to the end of the BT contract (but then who else do you trust???)
quite shocked about some of the other threads where they have been on holiday and still run up usage - i did suggest to my wife to pull the plugs out of the router!!!
  Print Thread

Jump to