General Discussion
  >> tbbMeter Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User johntomlinson
(newbie) Wed 19-Dec-12 20:48:41
Print Post

tbbmeter not showing download info

[link to this post]

Virgin Cable BB failed to day. When it came back I did a tbb speed test to confirm that I was getting 20M (just upgraded from 10M). I usualy watch the process on tbbmeter and try to calculate the speed before it is declared by tbb speed tester. The tbbmeter did not show any down load data but did show upload data. The tbb speed test gave 18.4M down load speed. I did a couple of speed tests with the same result. I then tried a file down load (50M) and the tbbmeter correctly indicated the down load data but a further tbb speed test did not register any any data on tbbmeter.
I then removed tbbmeter and reinstalled but still no down load data when doing a speed test.
Any ideas?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 19-Dec-12 21:07:10
Print Post

Re: tbbmeter not showing download info

[re: johntomlinson] [link to this post]

Try disabling TCP/UDP monitoring and watch just the data from the network card. Then if that works enable the tcp/udp monitoring again.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User johntomlinson
(newbie) Wed 19-Dec-12 22:56:44
Print Post

Re: tbbmeter not showing download info

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Hi Andrew
When TCP/UDP is disabled then the tbbmeter does show down load data although I would have to say it is probably 10 to 15% low. Speed test gave 16.2M but spiky trace in tbbmeter never reached 16M. I can not turn it back on because when I now click on 'Type of Traffic to Diplay' it does not open. I had to remove and reinstall to get TCP/UDP back and again it does not show down loads.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to