General Discussion
  >> tbbMeter Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User roughbeast
(learned) Sun 27-Jan-13 21:14:24
Print Post

Regular spikes even when not using connection

[link to this post]

I am bemused by the TBB graph below. The spikes you see are continuous even if my PCs, games systems, TVs etc are off. I don't run an automatic speed tester or any quality monitoring software or equipment like SamKnows.

TBB Graph

Virgin Media: 100mb/10Mb , land line, mobiles x2, TV - VIP HD box + TIVO 1Tb box.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 27-Jan-13 21:30:10
Print Post

Re: Regular spikes even when not using connection

[re: roughbeast] [link to this post]

Just a thought from way back in my memory - which Internet Security system do you have? When I had Kaspersky that checked for updates every hour or so.

If yours is similar, most could be the checks, and the ones with the included blue could be updates.

A less frequent, smaller blip is very common. Mine often has it, but not today.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.0/14.9Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Sun 27-Jan-13 21:31:33)

Standard User roughbeast
(learned) Sun 27-Jan-13 21:37:07
Print Post

Re: Regular spikes even when not using connection

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I use Microsoft Security essentials. This continuously monitors. The only problems with that recently have been a lack of automatic updates.

However, as I say, I still get the spike pattern when all that is running is the VM super hub in modem only mode and my router.

Virgin Media: 100mb/10Mb , land line, mobiles x2, TV - VIP HD box + TIVO 1Tb box.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to