General Discussion
  >> tbbMeter Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User RDMUK
(newbie) Wed 06-Feb-13 03:50:13
Print Post

Registration Error

[link to this post]

I have just installed tbbMeter - latest update and tried to register it.

However, I am getting an error box coming up just as you click to submit info:-

error tbbmeter - registration error - message is object reference not set to an instance of an object

I am running Windows Vista Ultimate - service pack 2 installed.

I have noticed that someone else has posted the same error message, hope you can help, perhaps you could also register me manually.

Regards

Robert D. Miller
Standard User IanBB
(member) Wed 06-Feb-13 04:03:43
Print Post

Re: Registration Error

[re: RDMUK] [link to this post]

Did you check the installation requirements?

Compatibility

tbbMeter is currently only available for Windows XP, Windows Vista (32 and 64-bit versions) and Windows 7 (32 and 64-bit versions). It also requires .NET 2.0 or a later version of the .NET Framework to be installed to work.
Standard User RDMUK
(newbie) Wed 06-Feb-13 05:11:29
Print Post

[re: IanBB] [link to this post]

Hi, it meets all system requirements and the program runs perfectly, its just not letting me register the product, thus preventing me from accessing my stats.

I cant wait to get into my stats, this is a fantastic program along with the continuous quality monitoring software, these programs are of such a high quality.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Regards

Robert D. Miller

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 06-Feb-13 09:16:49
Print Post

I'll create a virtual Vista machine to look at this bug in the near future

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User IanBB
(member) Wed 06-Feb-13 19:41:32
Print Post

Sorry that wasn't the solution. I'm not sure which version of .net Vista comes with (if any) and I have came across many PCs where .net has been uninstalled due to the user not knowing what it is.

Hopefully MrS can come up with a solution.
Standard User RDMUK
(newbie) Thu 07-Feb-13 14:13:38
Print Post

[re: IanBB] [link to this post]

Hi and thanks for your help, much appreciated.

I do know what the .NET framework is all about and I can confirm that all updates have beeen applied to the system and that the last few .NET updates are shown below:-

Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile for Windows Vista x86 (KB982670)

Installation date: ‎06/‎02/‎2013 02:27

Installation status: Successful

Update type: Recommended

The Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile provides a subset of features from the .NET Framework 4. The Client Profile is designed to run client applications and to enable the fastest possible deployment for Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) and Windows Forms technology.

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Update for Windows Vista SP1 and Windows Server 2008 x86 (KB982535)

Installation date: ‎05/‎02/‎2013 03:58

Installation status: Successful

Update type: Important

Install this update to help strengthen authentication credentials in specific scenarios. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

Is it possible to install the program from another computer on my network and register it from there? Or does it have to be registerd from the first install?

Any help and solutions welcome. Once again thanks for your help and assistance in this matter.

Regards

Robert D. Miller
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 07-Feb-13 14:39:43
Print Post

If the issue was missing framework the software would not run at all, not generate an error inside a window.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 07-Feb-13 16:28:08
Print Post

Once in the past I had three versions of .NET installed. I found I was having odd problems so I deleted all of them and then re-installed just the latest.

Just an idea.

Incidentally, my WIN7 machine only has v4 and v4 "Extended".

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.3/15.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
  Print Thread

Jump to