General Discussion
  >> tbbMeter Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RDMUK
(newbie) Fri 08-Feb-13 21:58:11
Print Post

tbbMeter not displaying output under Windows V8.0

[link to this post]

Hi

I have just installed tbbMeter V0.9.9.4 under Windows V8.0 on my new laptop and the program does not output any data. I have tried what you previously advised, checking under network connections, I have currently selected:-

Allways use auto selected connection.

TCP/UDP monitoring has been disabled by the installation program by default.

I have tried to manually select several types of connection, however it does not make any difference, still no data is displayed.

Windows V8.0 has all the latest updates installed. 6.2.9200 build 9200.

.NET framework version 4.5

Any help would be most appreciated.

Regards

Robert D. Miller
Standard User havenlad
(newbie) Fri 08-Feb-13 22:49:22
Print Post

Re: tbbMeter not displaying output under Windows V8.0

[re: RDMUK] [link to this post]

I have exactly the same issue even though the update says this has been taken care of.

Any help appreciated thanks
Standard User RDMUK
(newbie) Sat 09-Feb-13 01:29:20
Print Post

[re: havenlad] [link to this post]

Hi thanks for the prompt reply.

I have tried everything possible to get this to work, however nothing seems to help.

Hope someone can help resolve these issues, I am sure there is more than just us that are having this problem.

Regards

Robert D. Miller

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User sandacol
(learned) Sat 09-Feb-13 02:24:23
Print Post

[re: RDMUK] [link to this post]

Me too - nothing showing in Win8

My Broadband Speed Test
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 09-Feb-13 12:48:49
Print Post

[re: sandacol] [link to this post]

Well it works here, I am using Hybrid mode and monitoring my ipv4 and ipv6 interfaces.

http://www.coolwebhome.co.uk/images/win8-connection.png
http://www.coolwebhome.co.uk/images/win8-traffic.png

In network connections if not sure which interface to tick, we handily list the IP address, automatic mode should automatically pick those connections that have an IP address assigned to them.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User mallydally
(newbie) Thu 14-Feb-13 23:50:15
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Well it works here, I am using Hybrid mode and monitoring my ipv4 and ipv6 interfaces.

http://www.coolwebhome.co.uk/images/win8-connection.png
http://www.coolwebhome.co.uk/images/win8-traffic.png

In network connections if not sure which interface to tick, we handily list the IP address, automatic mode should automatically pick those connections that have an IP address assigned to them.

Well, I'm terribly sorry but it is not working here as well. RDMUK, havenlad and Sandacol have echoed exactly what I was going to say. I suspect there are numerous others as well who have just given up without using the forum. All I can do is hope the issue is not glossed over by the development team and perhaps 0.9.9.6 might bring an answer(or even 0.9.9.5) when it arrives.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 15-Feb-13 08:45:08
Print Post

[re: mallydally] [link to this post]

Developement team - you mean me.

When the Windows 8 machine used for testing is working it is impossible to code a fix. Not saying you are not seeing what you see, but without more detail it is nigh impossible to figure it out.

What I need to know are things like:
What exact version of Windows 8 is it.
What AV software are you running.
What firewall is running.
A copy of the tbbmeter log file.

Otherwise it is weeks spent juggling permutations of software installs to see which re-creates the issue, and only then I can look at a solution.

At the simplest level when viewing the Network connections window what option is selected, and do any of the network devices have an IP address assigned to them.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User mallydally
(newbie) Mon 18-Feb-13 00:44:54
Print Post

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Developement team - you mean me.

When the Windows 8 machine used for testing is working it is impossible to code a fix. Not saying you are not seeing what you see, but without more detail it is nigh impossible to figure it out.

What I need to know are things like:
What exact version of Windows 8 is it.
What AV software are you running.
What firewall is running.
A copy of the tbbmeter log file.

Otherwise it is weeks spent juggling permutations of software installs to see which re-creates the issue, and only then I can look at a solution.

At the simplest level when viewing the Network connections window what option is selected, and do any of the network devices have an IP address assigned to them.

Thank you for your very prompt response and I had no idea you were operating as a one man unit. Unfortunately I can only give you a limited follow-up.

The laptop is running W8 Home with Norton Internet Security 2013 V20.2.1.22 and Norton is also my firewall.

The selected network connection is Intel Wireless which displays the Netgear router 192.168.0.3. The public address window gives my current TalkTalk IP address 92.XX.XX.XX.

As for a copy of the log file I am defeated after going through all the menu options several times.as I can find no reference to this facility. Being a greenhorn I would not know how to run it anyway without detailed guidance

Sorry not to be more helpful but please feel free to request any further info. I might be able to help you with and thanks for giving it your attention..
Standard User sandacol
(learned) Mon 25-Feb-13 00:36:13
Print Post

Hi Andrew,

I'm running Windows 8 Pro on an HP desktop. Auto updates - all up to date.
AV - Windows defender
Firewall - Windows
Oh, hang on.
Just checking it out, when I had a thought . . . .
Control Panel / System & Security / Windows firewall / Allow an app through the firewall . . . . . Click on change settings, click on Allow another app, select tbbMeter . . .

Back to tbbMeter, Menu / Test Tools / Test Download, Upload & Latency.
Stuff shows up on the screen.

plusnet
My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User sandacol
(learned) Mon 25-Feb-13 01:12:17
Print Post

Hi Andrew - I've emailed my tbbMeter log to you, with a few screen grabs.
The firewall trick seems to have helped - or maybe just something else while I was poking around.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to