General Discussion
  >> tbbMeter Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User geo_g73
(newbie) Fri 22-Feb-13 12:48:45
Print Post

tbbmeter wont run at startup ?

[link to this post]

I have Windows 8 64-bit

Ive installed ttbmeter to keep track of my usage, but it wont run at startup, I have to remember to click the shortcut for it to run.

In Options Run At Startup is greyed out with a question mark next to it, when clicking the question mark a popup says This is disabled under Vista and Windows 7, since the tbbLoaderService Windows Service starts tbbmeter.

Is there a way to run tbbmeter at startup automatically instead of manually ?

Cheers, geo_g73
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 22-Feb-13 12:52:54
Print Post

Re: tbbmeter wont run at startup ?

[re: geo_g73] [link to this post]

When installing tbbmeter it should have also installed a service called tbbLoaderService

In this present in the Control Panel | Services pane?

tbbLoaderService will start tbbMeter when the computer is booted and you log on. If you declined the elevated rights pop-up during installation, then that would explain the software not automatically running.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Andy_Blanch13
(newbie) Wed 24-Apr-13 16:51:38
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I have noticed that when we log off at night, and then log on the next day that the icon for the tbbmeter doesn't display. I have checked the services window and it does say that the tbbloaderservice is running. Does this mean that the meter is working even if it doesn't display an icon?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 24-Apr-13 17:02:10
Print Post

[re: Andy_Blanch13] [link to this post]

In that case as you log off the app doing the measuring is shut down. You would see tbbMeter.exe running if it was actually counting data.

Once various other projects are done I will have time to re-visit and make the app more friendly for multi user PC use.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Andy_Blanch13
(newbie) Thu 25-Apr-13 09:36:43
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

OK, an update would be great.

In the meanthime I have created a task in task scheduler to start the program when the user logs on to the PC - and this seems to work. However it now won't start when the PC is shutdown & restarted. However as we rarely do this I prefer to have the task scheduler do it's job whilst I wait for you to make the program more multi PC friendly.

Cheers

Andy B
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 26-Apr-13 11:26:03
Print Post

[re: Andy_Blanch13] [link to this post]

The fun bit is that XP, Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 now have various variations

Print Thread

Jump to