General Discussion
  >> tbbMeter Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User metalhead41
(knowledge is power) Wed 15-May-13 08:45:42
Print Post

Program usage stats

[link to this post]

I installed this on my work laptop while having to use a 3G connection to make sure I haven't gone over my allowance of 1GB.
It seems I've now hit that figure, but I'm not sure how as I've only used a VPN connection for connection to the exchange server and to connect to office communicator. No large files have been downloaded and I made sure I disabled the meters download/upload tests.
Anyway, now for the question, does the meter record what programs have used data and how much? Just so I can rule out viruses and blame the IT team for installing software that constantly looks for updates or something similar smile

----------------------------------------------------
We may be human But we're still animals

My Blog | follow me @metalhead41 | Surfin' Bird Dance
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 15-May-13 10:28:46
Print Post

Re: Program usage stats

[re: metalhead41] [link to this post]

If you are running on Windows 7 or older then yes.

If All TCP/UDP Internet traffic monitoring is enabled, then you can view a running total of where and how much data has been sent. View Sites Visited menu under statistics.

Under Test Tools you can record a TCP log for 30 seconds, that indentifies the individual processes using traffic too.So even if software is hiding its traffic in TCP Port 80 you can see which executables are doing the bulk of the sending and receiving.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User metalhead41
(knowledge is power) Wed 15-May-13 11:52:47
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks, that's a bit of a pain, it's only shows data for the current session and not historical values frown
Maybe you could add an option that we can turn on in the future to record everything so we can see a historical view of activity...

----------------------------------------------------
We may be human But we're still animals

My Blog | follow me @metalhead41 | Surfin' Bird Dance

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 15-May-13 11:57:57
Print Post

[re: metalhead41] [link to this post]

Potentially a lot of data, and privacy concerns, as you can see what others have been doing on the PC that way.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to