General Discussion
  >> tbbMeter Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Peter_Rabbit
(newbie) Sun 08-Dec-13 15:17:59
Print Post

Setting up tbbMeter

[link to this post]

I have Just installed the tbbMeter but am a bit confused by the settings, even though I have been a PC nerd for many years.

Alarm settings

I have BT Broadband Option 1 with 10GB quota per calendar month and I wish to set an alarm when I have reached 5GB and to reset to 0GB on the 1st of the month. How do I do this? (I have read the FAQ!)

Is "Duration" the duration of the alarm or the current quota period?

When is the alarm "Repeated"?

What setting should be made in the "Retain Totals" dropdown? Aren't totals reset by the "Define Monthly Quota" settings?

Turning Monitoring off when "Roaming"

On a separate point, I use my laptop at home on Wi-Fi, at my office via Ethernet, and at public Wi-Fi hotspots.

I only wish to monitor home usage. How do I switch off monitoring when in my office and back on when I am at home.

Thanks

Edited by Peter_Rabbit (Sun 08-Dec-13 22:36:31)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 11-Dec-13 13:00:34
Print Post

Re: Setting up tbbMeter

[re: Peter_Rabbit] [link to this post]

Sorry for the myriad of options, lots of people wanted different variations.

The quota is different to the alarm system.

So you can have a quota system setup (via Options | Quota Settings) that is very different to the Alarms. The idea being that people could run Alarms to warn them when getting close to traffic management limits between certain times of day.

For your alarm...

Start time : 0:00 1st of month
Duration: 1 month
Repeat: Monthly
Retain Totals Reset On Start
Type BOTH (I think BT count both)
Trigger Amount 5GB or 5000 MB

On making it only monitor the connection when at home, no simple solution beyond manually controlling which network interfaces are monitored, and turning them off, or more drastic closing down tbbMeter when not at home.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Peter_Rabbit
(newbie) Wed 11-Dec-13 20:47:20
Print Post

Re: Setting up tbbMeter

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks.

By the way, I have emailed your team about a bug in the export of "Full Stats" and "Speedtest Results".

They try to find the Windows XP style folder tree C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop which does not exist on Windows 7.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to