General Discussion
  >> tbbMeter Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Alchad
(newbie) Mon 27-Jan-14 10:34:53
Print Post

Reset No of Computers being monitored

[link to this post]

Hi,

I seem to have too many computers showing on my profile and would like to reset (not just untick). I've tried re-registering, but that doesn't seem to clear things, and most confusingly when I access the pop up window of essential information etc the part for "Advanced registration" for multiple computers says that - after entering username and password etc and validating PRESS REGISTER BUTTON - I cant see a register button!!

Help appreciated.

Thanks
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 27-Jan-14 10:54:40
Print Post

Re: Reset No of Computers being monitored

[re: Alchad] [link to this post]

Should be a button called Save Registration Changes

There is no mechanism to unlink a PC from your profile at this time.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Alchad
(newbie) Tue 28-Jan-14 12:24:00
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks for the reply.

Just to explain - I'm on sat broadband and have been exceeding my lmit and having to pay for extra capacity, so I'm trying to check where the usage is going.

At the moment I have 4 computers attached to my profile but only one appears to register

Of the 4 computers, two are associated with desktop PC's, although only one registers, I guess the other was from a previous PC which was superseded by the latest one. Doesn't matter because it doesn't show any usage. Also a laptop which I never use again doesn't show usage.

However my wifes' laptop is shown on the profile but doesn't show usage - although she's merrily surfing wirelessly from the kitchen as I type!

I have been through the registration process to get multiple computers shown, so cant' understand why traffic on her laptop is not being shown.

Advice appreciated.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 28-Jan-14 13:06:59
Print Post

[re: Alchad] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Alchad:
However my wifes' laptop is shown on the profile but doesn't show usage - although she's merrily surfing wirelessly from the kitchen as I type!

I have been through the registration process to get multiple computers shown, so cant' understand why traffic on her laptop is not being shown.

Advice appreciated.
You have noticed that on the mutli-computer display on the monitor website, each computer can be selected (ticked) or deselected individually? I no longer use this monitor, but seem to remember the figures don't show if not ticked, nor of course are they included in the total.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 28-Jan-14 14:07:47
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

If the poster wants to email me the tbbMeter instance for machines that are being shown and the one that is not then I might manage to find time to do a database check and find out why you are not seeing all of them.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Alchad
(newbie) Tue 28-Jan-14 17:34:58
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
If the poster wants to email me the tbbMeter instance for machines that are being shown and the one that is not then I might manage to find time to do a database check and find out why you are not seeing all of them.

Andrew,. Thanks for the kind offer, but it's OK now - I registered the wife's laptop onto my profile and it's now showing. The fact that I've got older/redundant pc's on there as is not really a problem if as you said previously they can't be removed. As they don't exist, they don't use bandwith!!

Thanks again,

Alchad
  Print Thread

Jump to