General Discussion
  >> tbbMeter Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User dlorde
(newbie) Tue 03-Feb-15 14:21:04
Print Post

Windows 8.1?

[link to this post]

Does tbbMeter have any functionality under Windows 8.1?

I tried installing it and see no activity regardless of settings.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 03-Feb-15 14:53:12
Print Post

Re: Windows 8.1?

[re: dlorde] [link to this post]

It should be able to monitor a network interface, but due to the cost of the TCP/UDP detection suites there is no TCP/UDP splits. So should work but not be able to tell difference between LAN and WAN traffic.

If no data it points to a network card driver issue, which used to fairly common when Windows 7 was new too.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User dlorde
(newbie) Wed 04-Feb-15 00:28:58
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

OK; that's a pity.

But thanks for responding.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 04-Feb-15 19:19:12
Print Post

[re: dlorde] [link to this post]

NetWorx is a similar substitute, which I use on Win 8.1. Careful on their website as there are several scammy downloads before on scrolling down you find the real one. All to do with click-through revenue I expect, as the product is free.

I have it set to load on Windows start-up, but as I also have auto-update on it loses that load setting when it updates. Other setting persist.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 57.2/15.3Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly." - G K Chesterton.
  Print Thread

Jump to