General Discussion
  >> tbbMeter Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User blfamily
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 23-Feb-15 07:49:12
Print Post

TBB & Speedtest downloads

[link to this post]

This morning TBB was reporting speeds of 75mbs, yet the speed testers were showing speeds of 47mbs; yesterday TBB was reporting speeds that matched the speed of the speed testers....

Is anything wrong? Or shall I ask the guys at PN to do something there end to get me back on the speeds I should be getting?

Steve
Plusnet Fibre!
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 23-Feb-15 09:01:01
Print Post

Re: TBB & Speedtest downloads

[re: blfamily] [link to this post]

Are you talking about

Speed tests within tbbmeter
Speed test via www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest
Downloading a file manually from the site?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 23-Feb-15 10:58:10
Print Post

What speeds should you be getting?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.5/15.1Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User blfamily
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 23-Feb-15 17:44:02
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I think I sorted it now. TBB records speeds up to say 75mb, with the occasional spike to 110+ mb, In this time the speed goes up and down and that is why I would never see 75mb as the actual download speed?

Steve
Plusnet Fibre!
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 23-Feb-15 17:47:42
Print Post

Without seeing the spiking it is very hard to say anything given your description.

Spikes from our web based tester can be caused by AV/firewall behaviour and have a pattern to them very often. If this is tbbMeter we are talking about again the spiky nature can be worse due buffering in AV software.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to