General Discussion
  >> tbbMeter Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mlmclaren
(experienced) Tue 17-Mar-15 12:42:18
Print Post

11ms to 27ms???

[link to this post]

So had FTTC activated with Plusnet on 19th February and all has been awesome, nice consistent speeds, faster upload (18mbps) and nice stable low latency (11-13ms on BQM)

Now I've had a couple of issue where Plusnet's gateway have been playing up and I've had to hop gateways by rebooting the modem, but not to much bother really.

But then at 2am on 16th March my connection seem to re-sync and my pings have now tripled and I have lost about 4mbps of my downstream sync speed, However

My HG612 is reporting that the max attainable speed on my line for both downstream and upstream has increased yet my connections seems to be restricted to a sync of 57000/ 19999kbps when my attainable are 68000/25000kbps.

I've also noticed that my upstream speed isn't as consistent anymore 17-18 Mb/s is now 11-18 Mb/s, and my download speed is now only 50-54 Mb/s where it was 55-58 Mb/s before.

My sync speed before the 16th was 62000/19999kbps and the attainable was 63000/23000kbps?

So any ideas why my connection has gone downhill?

PS. The SNR reported by my HG612 is still the same 6bd on downstream so no changes there, but my SNR on the upstream has reduced from 15db to 6db which AFAIK is a good thing right?

Here is a snapshot of my BQM showing the sudden increase: http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/ee33e9b9d8a...

Plusnet Fibre Extra 60000/20000 HG612 > Linksys LRT224
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 17-Mar-15 12:59:18
Print Post

Re: 11ms to 27ms???

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

Interleaving was turned on overnight by the look of the graph and your description.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User mlmclaren
(experienced) Tue 17-Mar-15 13:03:06
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I thought the same but Plusnet are saying that this isn't the case!

Any idea how to get information from my HG612 on latency types and delays and maybe to check for G.INP?

Just notcied that I have posted in the wrong place.. Sorry was meant to put it in the BQM area

Edited by mlmclaren (Tue 17-Mar-15 13:04:53)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 17-Mar-15 13:05:42
Print Post

If you've hacked the HG612 you will have full access to stats

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User mlmclaren
(experienced) Tue 17-Mar-15 13:08:32
Print Post

I have hacked it yes but I can't find any stats that talk about G.INP and Latency Path

Standard User mlmclaren
(experienced) Tue 17-Mar-15 15:05:46
Print Post

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
If you've hacked the HG612 you will have full access to stats

OK, Been doing a bit of diggin, downloaded stats tool and have found what we both thought, Interleaving is on on both downstream and upstream and G.INP is not enabled.

I also done my first successful BTw speed test and diagnostic and found that my IP Profile is set to 55 and not the full whack that it was just a couple of days ago... now i need to argue with Plusnet to get it set correctly or get an engineer to visit and reset the line.

Hope Plusnet get this sorted as it will be a shame for the staff that worked hard connecting me for my attitude towards their services to change abruptly.

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 17-Mar-15 15:30:27
Print Post

DLM will keep adjusting for line characteristics. Mine occasionally goes interleaved for a month and then flips back to fastpath. Don't believe ISPs can force it on FTTC.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 17-Mar-15 16:00:43
Print Post

It will auto-resolve but could take a few weeks. I'm in a similar position through my own fault a few weeks ago.

You too caused it by rebooting the modem to hop gateways. There is no need, you just need to do any one of these four things:

- unplug the Ethernet cable connecting the router and modem for a few minutes, (if I do this I do it at the router);
- find out how to close the PPP session and open a new one on the router through the GUI;
- reboot the router through the GUI if that's possible;
- turn the router off and give it a rest for a few minutes.

Re the full stats, you can access those through telnet, though basic ones are available in the modem GUI.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Assuming you have enabled the telnet client on your computer:-

telnet 192.168.n.n (whatever static IP address you have assigned it)
enter username
enter password

sh
xdslcmd info --show

Other useful commands are:-

xdslcmd info --stats (which gives the same as show but with the time-based breakdown of the errors that you may know from ADSLx stats)

xdslcmd info --pbParams (Note the upper case P matters - that gives you the band plan allocation).

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 53.4 (interleaved)/15.6Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

Edited by RobertoS (Tue 17-Mar-15 16:01:19)

Standard User mlmclaren
(experienced) Tue 17-Mar-15 16:14:51
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
It will auto-resolve but could take a few weeks. I'm in a similar position through my own fault a few weeks ago.

You too caused it by rebooting the modem to hop gateways. There is no need, you just need to do any one of these four things:

Yes I only today realised that disconnecting the PPPoE session and then reconnecting it does the job, Cheers!

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Re the full stats, you can access those through telnet, though basic ones are available in the modem GUI.

Assuming you have enabled the telnet client on your computer:-

telnet 192.168.n.n (whatever static IP address you have assigned it)
enter username
enter password

sh
xdslcmd info --show

Other useful commands are:-

xdslcmd info --stats (which gives the same as show but with the time-based breakdown of the errors that you may know from ADSLx stats)

xdslcmd info --pbParams (Note the upper case P matters - that gives you the band plan allocation).

I I downloaded the HG612 Modem Stats package earlier leading to my discovery of Interleaving and G.INP status.

Thanks for the tip will try and remember it.

Any idea's if I could access the OR Modem without having to connect to LAN 2 and reconfiguring my IP config on PC?

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 17-Mar-15 16:26:20
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Correct, just a choice of three settings that control the likelihood of interleaving appearing, but none of them force it off.

Also IP profile is a direct link to the sync speed for FTTC so cannot be wrong on BT Wholesale portal. In a very small number of cases PlusNet have missed changes so they can have the wrong value running on their site of the network.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to