General Discussion
  >> tbbMeter Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mandrake127
(newbie) Sun 26-Apr-15 11:31:49
Print Post

Windows 10

[link to this post]

Currently testing a Technical Preview version of Windows 10 my build 10061. I downloaded and installed tbbmeter purely as an experiment. It runs the automatic download test when it starts fine but there is no graphical indication at all on the display. It just stays blank.
It updated itself to Version 0.9.9.4. no problem but the result was the same.

I realise this is just an experiment but thought someone might like to hear any info about this.

For info I'm running this on a fairly old computer, ASRock H55M with a QuadCore Intel Core i7 2800mhz with onboard Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller network interface.

This post purely for info but would appreciate any advice that might help make it work.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 26-Apr-15 11:58:14
Print Post

Re: Windows 10

[re: mandrake127] [link to this post]

Very likely we will simply say Windows 10 is not supported

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User jickmoss
(newbie) Sat 18-Jul-15 08:48:29
Print Post

Re: Windows 10 *DELETED*

Post deleted by MrSaffron

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User professor973
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 18-Jul-15 10:44:40
Print Post

You are well behind in builds. I have been running Windows 10 since the early builds and find it rock solid for some time now. I am on build 10166. If you go into Insider settings and set updates to 'fast', you will get the latest release as soon as available. Anyone running 7 or 8.1 will update to 10 so long as they install all Windows updates to trigger the free update. Running 3.4GHz quad i7 and 8Gb memory here.

Edited by professor973 (Sat 18-Jul-15 10:46:47)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 18-Jul-15 12:06:48
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

OP was in April. Just the spammer woke up the thread.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 57676/14040kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User professor973
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 18-Jul-15 15:07:53
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I will wake up one day Lol
Standard User Commogwinto
(newbie) Mon 24-Aug-15 03:18:30
Print Post

Hi
I am new on here, just d/l tbb this morning. I have recently received u/g to Win 10, but cannot get tbb meter to work. Is there something I need to do in setting up tbb meter please?

Commo
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 24-Aug-15 09:04:13
Print Post

[re: Commogwinto] [link to this post]

Highly likely that driver changes may mean it will not work without a major rewrite

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Commogwinto
(newbie) Mon 24-Aug-15 23:37:53
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks your prompt reply. Guess it is no good for me at the moment, I hope tbb are researching into this for future use with 10.
Commo
Standard User mandrake127
(newbie) Sun 08-Nov-15 23:35:38
Print Post

[re: Commogwinto] [link to this post]

Have now upgraded 3 PCs to Windows 10 from both 7 and 8. Tbb meter didn't work on my preview builds, but is working fine on the upgrades ! Also I'm still doing preview builds on one of them, and it continues to work ok.
Whatever the problem was, it appears to have gone away.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to