General Discussion
  >> tbbMeter Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 09-Nov-15 09:35:26
Print Post

Re: Windows 10

[re: mandrake127] [link to this post]

We have changed nothing, as we have been saying we suspect that some drivers were missing counters that are expected to be their, and manufacturers are adding them over time just like they did with Windows 8

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User filbert42
(newbie) Mon 07-Dec-15 15:34:07
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Well I have upgraded my system to Windows 10. TBB meter was running on Win7 before the upgrade but now the empty window.

I can't see any menu entry for 'Types of Traffic to Display' so I can't try the Windows 8 fix.

Any chance of updating the FAQ to cover Windows 10? it's out there now...
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 28-Feb-16 14:35:38
Print Post

I've just installed tbbMeter on Win 10, latest build 10586.104, to investigate something, but it also gives the empty window. I've set all Network Connections & done a Restart. Still nowt.

Does tbbMeter work on Win 10 or not?

I see no Types of Traffic to Display -> Disable TCP/UDP Monitoring. that's mentioned for Win 8.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Edited by XRaySpeX (Sun 28-Feb-16 14:58:49)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 28-Feb-16 14:59:20
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

For some people yes, and for others not. i.e. depends on whether performance counters are supported by the network drivers.

Same happened with Windows 8 and got fixed without us doing anything for most devices.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 28-Feb-16 15:11:06
Print Post

So what do I need to do to fix it? Are you saying just wait? All the relevant drivers seem up-to-date.

So now I can't recommend it to someone who's having BB discons issues.

Looks like I'll uninstall it & revert to NetMeter which I've relied for ages but keeps randomly crashing with Addy Violation since Win 8.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 28-Feb-16 15:30:13
Print Post

Not sure why you'd recommend a usage meter to people with disconnect problems anyway.

The issue is the network card driver writers have dumped previous supported options, just like they did in Windows 8 and are expected to do the same and add them back over time.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 28-Feb-16 15:44:04
Print Post

It's a funny one. User reports hourly discons on his PC & mobile yet router stats & logs show no discons of BB. So I thought that installing a usage meter would show, or not, activity during the seemingly discon period.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 28-Feb-16 15:57:08
Print Post

Something doing inbound pinging to router (e.g. BQM) or outbound pinging should show this up, i.e. is it a local connectivity rather than broadband issue.

tbbMeter does have a ping mode, that will still work without the counter system.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 28-Feb-16 23:23:18
Print Post

Yes, but he might just as well use the OS's ping rather than installing a program that may or may not work.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 28-Feb-16 23:30:50
Print Post

Make sure he is running on the shortest possible sampling interval, (7 seconds?), and with something like a 90-minute window. Also the vertical axis made zero at the bottom for both or at most 2dB negative on SNRM, and the top only fractionally above the maximum sensible. So giving maximum graphical sensitivity.

I found with anything less then a decline, disconnect, reconnect can fail to zero-spike and just look like a small change in margin and even quick-look no sync speed change, given the default sync speed scale.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59504/15641kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Edited by RobertoS (Sun 28-Feb-16 23:31:27)

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to