General Discussion
  >> tbbMeter Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User RickWales
(newbie) Fri 12-Jun-15 14:22:31
Print Post

Alarm triggers when usage no where near threshold

[link to this post]

Hi, I've just installed tbb and I like the look and feel of it. Version 0.9.9.4 - Running Win 7 Prof. 32 bit. I set up an alarm to trigger at 9gb per month (Up and down - not local). After a few minutes the alarm triggers and gives me a usage of around 12gb. It then increases as I watch it and after a few minutes more it has got to 15gb. When I check the quickstats, the monthly up/down totals are only showing 1480 kb. I've done this twice now by creating a second alarm and disabling the first. Exactly the same thing happens.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 12-Jun-15 14:52:43
Print Post

Re: Alarm triggers when usage no where near threshold

[re: RickWales] [link to this post]

Double check the units you are setting for the alarm. Otherwise a screen shot of the settings you are using for the alarm will let me see if its reproducible.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RickWales
(newbie) Fri 12-Jun-15 15:14:14
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Since posting this tbbmeter has increased its perceived usage to 45gb. Something screwy here. The stats in the quickview seem correct.
There seems no option to add an image here. How can I send the screen print?
Thanks for your help.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 12-Jun-15 15:34:23
Print Post

[re: RickWales] [link to this post]

Put it onto an image hosting site, or email andrew@thinkbroadband.com

It should added that if you have the WAN/LAN monitoring turned on and are monitoring all traffic in the alarm we might be counting large amounts of LAN traffic too.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RickWales
(newbie) Thu 18-Jun-15 10:43:08
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

OK. I have had a lot of help from Andrew, but this app does not work well - at least on my PC. The usage calculation seems just to be a permanently increasing number that sets of the alarm when it reaches my quota (10gb) in around 10 minutes, with no actual internet traffic at all. Even when Internet traffic only is selected in 'Type of Traffic to display', it clearly is not capable of filtering local traffic as the I can watch the meter racking up usage when I transfer a 4mb file from my PC to my NAS server. Also the display seems to be permanently showing uploading and downloading activity - which I don't understand.

I have now uninstalled TBB and installed NetWorx. This does filter out local traffic and the displayed internet only usage looks realistic and does not increase, even when I transfer a 30mb file through my network. Unfortunately I still prefer the TBB interface and will be looking at it again in later revisions.
  Print Thread

Jump to