General Discussion
  >> tbbMeter Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User JeffW25
(newbie) Wed 08-Jun-16 11:21:53
Print Post

Win 10 - Loader Service problem

[link to this post]

After a few problems trying to get tbbMeter to run under Win 10, having upgrade from Win 7, I now have an annoying Loader Service problem.

When I run ttbMeter a box opens, “Welcome to the tbbMeter Loader Service Setup Wizard”

There are two options:

1. Repair ttbMeter Loader Service
If you click Finish, it starts to run ttbMeter Loader Service, then stops with the error message; Error 1001 The specified service already exists.
Click OK. Installation Incomplete - Click “Close” to exit.
You can then open ttbMeter from the Taskbar

2. Remove ttbMeter Loader Service
If you choose this option it starts to run and then you get the error; Error 1001 Followed by a long error message basically that it could not find a file. Again, if you Click OK, Installation Incomplete - Click “Close” to exit.
You can then open ttbMeter from the Taskbar.

I cannot uninstall the ttbMeter Loader Service. Any advice would be most welcome.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 08-Jun-16 11:44:50
Print Post

Re: Win 10 - Loader Service problem

[re: JeffW25] [link to this post]

When you say run tbbMeter, what are you doing to actually run it?

The Loader Service Setup Wizard running every time suggests that the service needed to avoid having to have constant UAC prompts is not being installed.

If the Win 10 install was an upgrade rather than full fresh install (and have run it on full installs with no issues) then suggests the upgraded broke something, and without access to PC to see what is running hard to say much more.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User JeffW25
(newbie) Wed 08-Jun-16 15:30:10
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Many thanks for your reply. Under Win 7 it loaded automatically when I started my PC. I realised it was not doing this after upgrading to Win 10. So I uninstalled tbbMeter and reinstalled it under Win 10. Initially, it would not display any data but after consulting the forum I found the solution.

To open/run tbbMeter I click on its Desktop icon. As Win 10 does not recognise the program I have to OK it through the UCA box, as my setting is too high. After I have loaded tbbMeter I have to click on its symbol in the Task Bar for it to appear on the screen.

My Win 10 upgrade was using the MS online system, so was not a clean install. The only program that had a problem was Wordperfect 11, yes I am that old! It is now running with no problems and does not even need the UCA prompt.

JeffW25

Edited by JeffW25 (Wed 08-Jun-16 15:32:10)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User rob54
(committed) Thu 07-Jul-16 23:52:04
Print Post

I have also just upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 (today) and like you TBB meter no longer starts with Windows. The app works OK if I launch it manually. Not sure how you "OK it through the UCA box". Can you enlighten please?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
WIndows 7 SP1, Plusnet Unlimited ADSL (ex-o2 Broadband Standard), Norton Security,
Website & email hosting & domain name provider - www.tsohost.co.uk
Standard User JeffW25
(newbie) Fri 08-Jul-16 17:55:12
Print Post

[re: rob54] [link to this post]

UCA is the User Account Control box that opens if Win 10 does not recognise the program you are opening and asks you to confirm that you wish to continue. Whether it opens is dependent on your security setting (Control Panel/System and Security).

Unless ttbMeter is upgraded to run under Win 10, we just have to start it manually.
Standard User rob54
(committed) Sun 10-Jul-16 12:46:26
Print Post

OK with you now thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
WIndows 10 Home, Plusnet Unlimited ADSL (ex-o2 Broadband Standard), Norton Security,
Website & email hosting & domain name provider - www.tsohost.co.uk
  Print Thread

Jump to