General Discussion
  >> tbbMeter Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User tiffy2
(newbie) Sat 29-Jul-17 08:55:00
Print Post

tbbMeter auto-start issue

[link to this post]

tbbMeter Version 0.9.9.4
Operating system, Windows 8.1 64B.

Until recently tbbMeter has always run perfectly on my desktop PC with Win. 8.1.
Although configured to auto-start with Windows this now rarely happens, usually have to manually start from desktop shortcut.
When manually started or on the odd occasion the program auto-starts, a small desktop icon (not the normal usage meter) appears randomly positioned on the desktop, this requires double left mouse clicks to restore usage window to it's normal position, in my case top RH screen corner.
Occasionaly, the mouse activation of the small desktop icon produces the usage window randomly placed on the desktop and incorrectly sized, has to be re-sized and dragged to the correct location.

Have tried deleting and re-loading the program.
Can not tie down the start of the issue to any new software event or any particular Windows update.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 29-Jul-17 10:59:12
Print Post

Re: tbbMeter auto-start issue

[re: tiffy2] [link to this post]

This issue can arise when the software has trouble reading its config files and defaults to standard location and size.

Deleting software and reloading will probably not fix anything.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User tiffy2
(newbie) Sun 30-Jul-17 17:22:26
Print Post

Re: tbbMeter auto-start issue

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks for the reply Andrew.
OK, so not a lot I can do really.
It's not a big issue, just something that used to work perfectly, it only takes a few seconds to manually start the program as usually required and then re-site the window to my liking, I certainly would miss this facility now as I have used it for a very long time, always a very handy check of what's going on at any given time.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to