General Discussion
  >> tbbMeter Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User MartinOShea
(newbie) Fri 22-Sep-17 05:31:40
Print Post

tbbMeter

[link to this post]

Hello

Can anyone tell me how ttbMeter is meant to display information concerning the upload and download traffic on my broadband connection?

I have installed the tool with default settings but it does not appear to register any traffic at all. All I see is the following is the scrolling display window but no traffic appears on it at all. If I select an option to download a file, I see a message on the display and Windows tells me that the file downloaded in such and such, but should it not be on the display as a download?

I am using Windows 10 64 bit and would like to have some sort of broadband speed monitor set up.

Thanks

Martin O'Shea.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 22-Sep-17 09:24:58
Print Post

Re: tbbMeter

[re: MartinOShea] [link to this post]

No point in using it on Windows 10 as the OS does tracking for you.

To add back the functionality that we had for Windows 7 would cost too much to license technology, plus need many hours of updating the code to make it suitable for a Windows 10 world, and a core part of what people actually did is in the OS now.

Your issue is likely that it is monitoring the wrong network interface, or your network card drivers don't have the performance counters required, i.e. got dropped in Windows 10 version. Same happened with Windows 8 but many manufacturers added them back as so much software used them.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to