General Discussion
  >> tbbMeter Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User athegn
(committed) Sat 28-Apr-18 17:23:31
Print Post

Speed test and Malwarebytes

[link to this post]

I have several Andriod devices. One, my Galaxy S5 Andriod 6.0 phone, seems to be having problems with the TTB speed tester and Malwarebytes.

If I uninstall Malwarebytes I get 55bps download on, via wifi, on my Virgin 100bps setup (VM on wired pc gives 101bps with tester), if I reinstall Malwarebytes I get 15-17bps download.

If I run the tester on my Galaxy S2 tablet with Malwareytes I get 47bps download.

Can anyone please advise as to why this should be?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 28-Apr-18 21:01:53
Print Post

Re: Speed test and Malwarebytes

[re: athegn] [link to this post]

Most likely it is trying to inspect the data, and that is dealing the downloads...

Why on one device its slow and another its not

IIf its having this affect on the speed test it may also have a similar impact on other HTTPS traffic too

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User athegn
(committed) Sat 28-Apr-18 22:02:32
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Yes I guessed that but why one and not the other?

So far Malwarebytes had not detected any malware on this phone or any other device of mine; so maybe I am safe surfing and could take the chance and remove MB.

If I do next day I will get hit badly; that's my kind if luck!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 28-Apr-18 22:18:13
Print Post

[re: athegn] [link to this post]

Without access to the two devices and plenty of time to see how things behave hard to say much more

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User athegn
(committed) Sun 29-Apr-18 08:24:02
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Andrew thanks.

I will just take a chance and remove MB from the phone until I do a factory reset; keep it on the tablet
  Print Thread

Jump to