Technical Discussion
  >> Technical Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User andyboygsi
(member) Tue 04-Jan-11 17:28:36
Print Post

router stats

[link to this post]

moving on from my last post.

i have a bt homehub2 and i would like to make use of routerstats but i cant see if it will work.

i have tried some of the tools on this site but they wont accept it as i have a dynamic ip address.

linewise im pretty clued up and spot on but i need more education with other aspects, can anyone point me in a direction which may help

ta

these comments are my own and in no way represent any company that i may or may not be linked too.
Standard User Rockh
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 04-Jan-11 17:35:36
Print Post

Re: router stats

[re: andyboygsi] [link to this post]

Routerstats lite should work with the HH.

What do you want to know, plenty of folks here happy to spread the knowledge they have.

Dave
Standard User andyboygsi
(member) Tue 04-Jan-11 17:52:59
Print Post

[re: Rockh] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Rockh:
Routerstats lite should work with the HH.

What do you want to know, plenty of folks here happy to spread the knowledge they have.

how to set up routerstats. im learning all the time reading about others issues. im on an information super search lol, so that i can be better at what i do

these comments are my own and in no way represent any company that i may or may not be linked too.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User andyboygsi
(member) Tue 04-Jan-11 17:56:27
Print Post

i tried downloading it there but didnt seem to work. may be worth mentioning i am using macbook

Standard User Rockh
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 04-Jan-11 19:20:36
Print Post

Oh you lot and your mac's wink Awkward lot smile. The lad who developed Router Stats is found on here, John_On is his nick IIRC.

Dave
Standard User BatBoy
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 04-Jan-11 19:48:35
Print Post

In reply to a post by andyboygsi:
i tried downloading it there but didnt seem to work. may be worth mentioning i am using macbook
You may be able to get it to work on a mac using wine - see http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php?topic=1716.0 and http://www.winehq.org/

But it may be easier to buy a proper computer instead of a toy wink

_______________________________________________________________more_unwritten_rules_than_posts__________________.
Standard User panda
(committed) Tue 04-Jan-11 20:07:38
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

John_ON should be able to confirm, but I don't think RSL works with the HH2.

Access to the web GUI of the HH2 uses a rather convoluted authentication method involving JavaScript, MD5 hashes, one-shot passwords and cookies, rather than 'simple' authentication (i.e. the usual pop-up to enter a user name and password) that most routers - including the HH1 - use.

Consequently, I don't think RSL will be able to 'logon' and access the stats page.

Eats shoots and leaves.
Standard User andyboygsi
(member) Tue 04-Jan-11 22:21:38
Print Post

[re: panda] [link to this post]

ill pm him, i need an idiots guide i am afraid

Standard User andyboygsi
(member) Tue 04-Jan-11 22:24:01
Print Post

are there any routers out there i can buy that do this sort of thing themselves.

Standard User BatBoy
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 04-Jan-11 22:27:21
Print Post

Oh dear. http://www.psidoc.com/showthread.php/7-How-to-hack-o...

_______________________________________________________________more_unwritten_rules_than_posts__________________.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to