Technical Discussion
  >> Technical Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Schrodingers_Cat
(experienced) Thu 17-Feb-11 06:35:20
Print Post

A Curious Issue

[link to this post]

Hmm...I can't think what the cause of this issue might be. Maybe you guys can think of something :-

Every now and then ( and more frequently recently ) I lose internet connectivity....but only for Internet Explorer. All other applications carry on quite happily connected, I can be in the middle of online gaming and no problem, and my PC shows as connected to the internet. Yet any attempt to open any web page via I.E says 'unable to resolve DNS host' or something like that.....and that there is no connectivity.

Nothing I do makes any difference....and the only solution is to reboot the PC. I had considered that maybe the firewall (McCaffee ) was ( for unknown reasons ) suddenly blocking web access....but cannot see why it would do so. Closing and re-opening Exporer makes no difference. Even 'resetting' the internet connection makes no difference. The router still shows I am connected. The only thing that 'fixes' the issue is a complete system reboot.
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Thu 17-Feb-11 08:37:54
Print Post

Re: A Curious Issue

[re: Schrodingers_Cat] [link to this post]

put Google Chrome on and see if it has the same issue.

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Are your kids pirates ? Limewire, Bearshare, Kazaa, BitTorrent, eMule are all tools of the trade.
Standard User Sandgrounder
(knowledge is power) Fri 18-Feb-11 09:04:21
Print Post

[re: yarwell] [link to this post]

Or, better still, Firefox.

The Chrome terms and conditions are horrendus in the way that you give them rights to do as they wish with ALL of the data you access. frown

Line One:- Zen - DrayTek Vigor 2600VG
Line Two:- EntaNet - DrayTek Vigor 2600

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User shtu
(experienced) Fri 18-Feb-11 09:57:47
Print Post

[re: Schrodingers_Cat] [link to this post]

When it happens, open a command prompt, type in

ipconfig /flushdns

and see what happens then.
  Print Thread

Jump to