Technical Discussion
  >> Technical Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mattewan
(learned) Sat 19-Mar-11 23:14:44
Print Post

Why is my adsl2+ syncing at 8132k

[link to this post]

Hey Guys,

Firstly, at the beginning of the month my exchange was finally upgraded to 21CN.

I contacted plusnet to upgrade my connection to adsl2+ so I can enjoy the faster downloads and a slight increase in upload speed.

I just restarted my router (6 days after the request), forcing my dsl mode to adsl2+ (on auto, it connects as standard adsl).

Here are my stats:

DSL Status: UP
DSL Modulation Mode: G.992.5 (ADSL2+)
DSL Path Mode: FAST
Downstream Rate: 8128 Kbps
Upstream Rate: 832 Kbps
Downstream Margin: 12 db
Upstream Margin: 9 db
Downstream Line Attenuation: 29
Upstream Line Attenuation: 34
Downstream Transmit Power: 19
Upstream Transmit Power: 11
LOS Errors: 0

PVC Connection

PVC Status: UP
Encapsulation: RFC 2364 PPPoA
Multiplexing: VC
Autodetect: Disable
VPI: 0
VCI: 38

What could the problem be? Is it just the case that I haven't actually moved to adsl2 yet? Or is it an issue with my exchange. On samknows, it still doesn't show the upgrade as complete... but on the bt site they state that my estimated download speed is 12mb.

Thanks

Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Sun 20-Mar-11 00:01:37
Print Post

Re: Why is my adsl2+ syncing at 8132k

[re: mattewan] [link to this post]

You are still being capped @ 8 Meg.

Perhaps that is all you are paying for and are contracted to. Did Plusnet acknowledge your request? Maybe you need to take out a new contract to get it.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU BB
Standard User mattewan
(learned) Sun 20-Mar-11 01:09:40
Print Post

Re: Why is my adsl2+ syncing at 8132k

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Yes they did aknowledge my email, they sent a reply last sunday saying they would action the request, and that I would get an email with 48 hours.

On Wednesday I sent them another email to check that it is still being processed and they replied that everything is still processing and it will take 72 hours.

I guess it means 72 working hours, so... probably Monday then.

Thanks for replying... I guessed it was something to do with my account still being capped.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to