Technical Discussion
  >> Technical Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User colesy10
(newbie) Tue 22-Mar-11 12:33:49
Print Post

FTTC and Master socket query

[link to this post]

I thought it may be best to post in here rather than the fibre section, so please feel fit to move if required.

I'm just querying my FTTC install.
When the BT engineers arrived, they took my 'adsl nation' front plate off my existing master socket and just plugged in the new FTTC face plate, re-crimped down the blue/white and white/blue extension wires onto my existing nte5. Re-assembled the socket, tested with their exfo unit and left. They did not touch the master socket screwed to the wall by way of removal and re-fitting.

Now my existing master socket was a branded embossed rather than printed BT OPENREACH master socket (I think these came out around 2007/8). This has the NTE5 i-plate style ring wire choke inside, on the removable NTE5 front plate.

My query is this : Given the NTE5 plate which has the choke, is this compatible with the new FTTC plate which sits in between the master socket and the NTE5 front plate?

I'm just wondering if the FTTC plate has the same filter in, and if it did it would be double filtered and would this in anyway block the frequencies used for my FTTC signal?
I guess it would only block voice signal frequencies, but am unsure.
Thanks in advance
Standard User Ribble
(regular) Tue 22-Mar-11 18:39:42
Print Post

Re: FTTC and Master socket query

[re: colesy10] [link to this post]

Given the NTE5 plate which has the choke, is this compatible with the new FTTC plate which sits in between the master socket and the NTE5 front plate?

They are 2 seperate things and operate differently, so yes it is compatible
Standard User colesy10
(newbie) Tue 22-Mar-11 19:51:55
Print Post

Re: FTTC and Master socket query

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

Thank you Ribble!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to