Technical Discussion
  >> Technical Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mattewan
(regular) Thu 28-Apr-11 22:05:15
Print Post

linksys AM200 Annex M issues

[link to this post]

Hey,

My modem is currently syncing at 13000Kbps (roughly) and 2123Kbps upstream.

So on the face of things it looks like it supports Annex M.

My issue is that im consistently hitting 1.3mbps on all tests i do (thinkboradband, speedtest.net & btspeedtester).

Here is a screenshot: http://www.digitallyhosted.com/images/btspeedtest.png

As you can see... Im hitting my downstream sync but my upstream seems to be .... adsl2+ upload speeds without Annex M.

Could this be an isp issue or is it likely my modem even though it syncs the upstream at 2123Kbps?

Thanks

Standard User john2007
(legend) Fri 29-Apr-11 13:58:35
Print Post

Re: linksys AM200 Annex M issues

[re: mattewan] [link to this post]

No idea about your problem but the test results look odd.

Downstream sync 13349 kbps getting a usable speed of 13279 kbps seems odd, especially since the IP profile is said to be lower than both at 11776 kbps. Is this a normal feature of BT ADSL2+ speed tests?
Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Fri 29-Apr-11 19:07:10
Print Post

[re: mattewan] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mattewan:
Could this be an isp issue or is it likely my modem even though it syncs the upstream at 2123Kbps?

If this was your downstream, it would be an obvious profile issue. Since its the upstream, I think you should ask your ISP (which ISP are you with ??)

Annex M over BT's WBC network is fairly new; and given the amount charged, I don't think many people have experience of it yet.

James - be* pro - on THFB - sync about 17.2mbps - BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User IamQ
(experienced) Sun 01-May-11 14:20:18
Print Post

[re: john2007] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by john2007:
No idea about your problem but the test results look odd.

Downstream sync 13349 kbps getting a usable speed of 13279 kbps seems odd, especially since the IP profile is said to be lower than both at 11776 kbps. Is this a normal feature of BT ADSL2+ speed tests?

That looks like the BT speed tester is broken again... Contact your ISP and ask them to check your BRAS Profile (Up & Down) from both the BT system, and on there own radius.
  Print Thread

Jump to