Technical Discussion
  >> Technical Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User powder99
(newbie) Sun 24-Jul-11 16:02:40
Print Post

Interleave off for download but on for upload

[link to this post]

Hi

I have an adsl max account with idnet, I have recently had interleaving turned off to see if i can improve my latency for gaming. I have been monitoring the line using Router stats and the upload is great I have 0 errors and ping times down to 17ms. But have quite a few errors on download. My question is, is it possible for an isp to turn interleaving on for download and leave it off for uploads ?

Thanks
Standard User john2007
(legend) Sun 24-Jul-11 16:34:56
Print Post

Re: Interleave off for download but on for upload

[re: powder99] [link to this post]

I sort of assumed that upstream was invariably fast path (i.e. not interleaved). That's how my (Be/O2) line is by default, interleaved down, fast path up.
Standard User tommy45
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 24-Jul-11 16:39:33
Print Post

In reply to a post by powder99:
Hi

I have an adsl max account with idnet, I have recently had interleaving turned off to see if i can improve my latency for gaming. I have been monitoring the line using Router stats and the upload is great I have 0 errors and ping times down to 17ms. But have quite a few errors on download. My question is, is it possible for an isp to turn interleaving on for download and leave it off for uploads ?

Thanks
Some errors on the up & downstream are considered normal on fastpath, and generally these will not have a impact on your connection, providing they are not produced en mass over a very short period, if you are not seeing any issues then i would not be concerned about a few errors

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User powder99
(newbie) Sun 24-Jul-11 20:03:23
Print Post

[re: john2007] [link to this post]

Thanks

Guys , I'll leave it another week and see what happens not noticed anything while gaming and web browsing.
Standard User shtu
(experienced) Mon 25-Jul-11 09:39:45
Print Post

If the DLM hasn't turned it on automatically, I'd leave it be. The odd error is perfectly normal.
Standard User IamQ
(experienced) Thu 04-Aug-11 17:32:11
Print Post

The general answer with a BTWS line is 'NO'

Either interleaving is on or off. at the moment I've not managed to get BTWS to make any changes to the up/down or the INP depth settings that are 'outside of the normal DLM banding'

OLO's normally have a (more flexible) better way of doing DLM if they even run it.
  Print Thread

Jump to