Technical Discussion
  >> Technical Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Andoids
(newbie) Tue 13-Sep-11 09:36:09
Print Post

DG834g V4.... intermittent HELP

[link to this post]

Helllooooo

If anyone is able to help with this issue (I have posted in gaming section already, but got no solution) :-

My problem is that I have joined a clan to play games online with, and although I can play on several UK based servers with no problems at all, I am unable to join my Clan server, as I keep getting kicked for "Signature check timed out", which I am reliably informed is due to server desync, meaning that the server does not get a response from my pc quickly enough for it to allow access.

I couldnt join the clan servers even when they were empty (with a ping of 60ms)... but could join other servers even when nearly full (with much higher pings).

I have tried:- disabling firewalls, port forwarding, standalone, NATs on/off, remote, reinstalled everything again and again, etc etc etc.

Discovered in the end, that it was my router (Netgear DG834G v4 with latest firmware and factory default settings) that stopped me getting into my clan server.... but it would let me join other servers.

I now use another router, with default settings (BT Home Hub 2)... and i can play on the clan server with no problems. I have had several discussions with the clan server admin, but we cant work it out:-

"This is bizarre as I use the Netgear DG834G with latest firmware and have no problem (obviously) with the our server. We also have a lot of members (over 100) and there are none reporting this problem with our servers, or else we would of looked into it.

"If it was your router then it must of been blocking certain ports hence stopping the message return during first join. Our server is set-up in the same fashion as all other servers. So I am confused as to why this was happening and that your router appeared to be blocking while I and a few others I know have the same router but experience no problems..."

"It is strange that you can join server A but not server B, as they are both in the same data centre and the same person set both of them up, our server admin and clan founder...."

I prefer to use my Netgear router as I get MUCH better download connection (4.5mb rather than my BT router 1.5mb, this is a long story and subject of a previous post).

If you could explain this I would be extremely grateful. OR even give me an idea what to look for??????
Standard User tommy45
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 14-Sep-11 15:31:25
Print Post

Re: DG834g V4.... intermittent HELP

[re: Andoids] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Andoids:
Helllooooo

If anyone is able to help with this issue (I have posted in gaming section already, but got no solution) :-

My problem is that I have joined a clan to play games online with, and although I can play on several UK based servers with no problems at all, I am unable to join my Clan server, as I keep getting kicked for "Signature check timed out", which I am reliably informed is due to server desync, meaning that the server does not get a response from my pc quickly enough for it to allow access.

I couldnt join the clan servers even when they were empty (with a ping of 60ms)... but could join other servers even when nearly full (with much higher pings).

I have tried:- disabling firewalls, port forwarding, standalone, NATs on/off, remote, reinstalled everything again and again, etc etc etc.

Discovered in the end, that it was my router (Netgear DG834G v4 with latest firmware and factory default settings) that stopped me getting into my clan server.... but it would let me join other servers.

I now use another router, with default settings (BT Home Hub 2)... and i can play on the clan server with no problems. I have had several discussions with the clan server admin, but we cant work it out:-

"This is bizarre as I use the Netgear DG834G with latest firmware and have no problem (obviously) with the our server. We also have a lot of members (over 100) and there are none reporting this problem with our servers, or else we would of looked into it.

"If it was your router then it must of been blocking certain ports hence stopping the message return during first join. Our server is set-up in the same fashion as all other servers. So I am confused as to why this was happening and that your router appeared to be blocking while I and a few others I know have the same router but experience no problems..."

"It is strange that you can join server A but not server B, as they are both in the same data centre and the same person set both of them up, our server admin and clan founder...."

I prefer to use my Netgear router as I get MUCH better download connection (4.5mb rather than my BT router 1.5mb, this is a long story and subject of a previous post).

If you could explain this I would be extremely grateful. OR even give me an idea what to look for??????
Have you tried flashing the dg834 v4 with dgteam firmware ?

Standard User Andoids
(newbie) Fri 16-Sep-11 08:38:22
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

Yes.... I was originally using DG team when I realised there was a problem... reverted back to netgear firmware (tried 3 different versions).... but made no difference..??

thanks though

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User wanapoo
(member) Fri 16-Sep-11 09:03:03
Print Post

[re: Andoids] [link to this post]

plug the netgear back in and try it again.

If it times out, login to the netgear router and look at the logs to see what port the clan server is trying to communicate on.

1. Then open the port in the services menu.
2. Port forward the inbound traffic to an internal ip address (example 192.168.0.20 use a number that is unlikely to be assigned automatically) in the firewall rules menu.
3. Now set your pc to that static ip address.

wink

Edited by wanapoo (Fri 16-Sep-11 09:04:57)

Standard User Andoids
(newbie) Sun 25-Sep-11 10:55:49
Print Post

[re: wanapoo] [link to this post]

Apologies for not replying sooner.... um.... I was in process of updating firmware to the netgear DG (again) when the PC crashed.... the router has bricked totally... I have tried everything to get it breathing again.... but I am sorry to say it is an ex-router... this router is no-more.

On the upside... it is now an easy decision to use my older Thompson 510... which works without any issues at all.... every cloud has a silver lining .. eh?
  Print Thread

Jump to