Technical Discussion
  >> Technical Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 08-Dec-11 22:45:33
Print Post

Download pauses with new router.

[link to this post]

Just got my Billion 7800 today, replacing a Speedtouch 546v6. Using the speedtouch I used to get solid download graphs on DU meter from good servers. But after swapping to the Billion big downloads seem to pause for a second then continue. Currently connected on LLU to Broadcom Linecard. Are there some settings on the billion to stop this. Have updated MTU to 1500 to match the speedtouch but problem still occurs. eg a 100 mb file will pause twice.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/banger_this/6478924725/

Here's a picture of DU meter downloading SP3 for XP. Note the gaps how can I stop this didnt happen with my speedtouch.

Here's another example

http://www.flickr.com/photos/banger_this/6479013547/

Tim
www.vivaciti.net & freenetname
recapped ST546v6 on 24 Meg Variety LLU
My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 09-Dec-11 03:21:28
Print Post

Re: Download pauses with new router.

[re: Banger] [link to this post]

Well further investigation shows its definately the router as putting the speedtouch back on and downloads are smooth. Time to contact Billion Tech methinks.

Tim
My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 09-Dec-11 20:11:52
Print Post

Re: Download pauses with new router.

[re: Banger] [link to this post]

For anyone following this Billion Support had me test the LAN ports and EWAN port and I even connect the speedtouch to the EWAN port as a modem. Results are no LAN or EWAN problems and using the speedtouch as a modem the problem doesnt manifest.

Upshot of this is it seems to be a problem with the ADSL modem in the Billion. Billion TS are looking into it. Wouldnt care the line card has a Broadcom chipset as well as the modem.

Tim
My Broadband Speed Test

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to