Technical Discussion
  >> Technical Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User techguy
(committed) Sun 18-Mar-12 16:02:33
Print Post

High ATM uncorrectable blocks but no IP errors - fault?

[link to this post]

Using a BT 2700 and seeing a few cell header errors 2609 since I reset yesterday and 309 loss of cell delineation errors but my biggest concern is the 5684 uncorrectable blocks.

I am connected to the test socket and the adapter is plugged into a surge protector, I'm using an ADSL Nation filter and twisted pair cable.

I previously had a Netgear DG834G v4 on the line which worked OK following a BT visit last August but since Feb has started to disconnect randdomly but the 2700 seems to be more stable.

Attenuation is 54 and was 56 on old router.

Am wondering whether it is masking a line problem as am intending to reconnect a broadcom based router to the line shortly.

Any advice much appreciated.

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen Lite 8000
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 18-Mar-12 16:29:13
Print Post

Re: High ATM uncorrectable blocks but no IP errors - fault?

[re: techguy] [link to this post]

5600 errors in 24 hours is not a large amount, if it was a million then it would be a worry

ATM cells are small 53 bytes so an error if it needs a retransmit does not always cause IP layer problems

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User techguy
(committed) Sun 18-Mar-12 16:35:38
Print Post

Re: High ATM uncorrectable blocks but no IP errors - fault?

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks.

Will wait and see what happens when the new router arrives, I've ordered a IPv6 capable one so am ready for the roll out.

Presumab;y then if the new one starts dropping out regularly I can get a fault progressed?

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen Lite 8000
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.

Edited by techguy (Sun 18-Mar-12 16:36:32)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to