Technical Discussion
  >> Technical Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User lt567
(committed) Sat 02-Jun-12 20:38:53
Print Post

Telephone lines in flat complex

[link to this post]

Hi folks,

I just moved into a new flat complex, I asked if I could have my own telephone line and was told yes. However a week before moving in I was told no drilling allowed, so there goes the BT box. In the flat there is a telephone socket generally in the wall, no idea where this goes but the landlords agent told me this goes to a central place in the building like a switchboard so to speak. Does such a thing exist, where a line would go to some sort of circuit and then the engineer would connect it outside somewhere? I'm just a bit confused, any advice would be appreciated cheers smile
Standard User locutus
(committed) Sat 02-Jun-12 20:55:29
Print Post

Re: Telephone lines in flat complex

[re: lt567] [link to this post]

You just need to connect your phone to the socket in your flat. BT will have wiring in the building either going back to a street cab or DP in the building, which they will have access to. Order a phone line, they'll sort it and arrange an appointment to come into your flat and check the wiring and complete the cabling to the exchange.

--
Views expressed are mine and not necessarily those of my employer.
Standard User FRS_Plunderer
(experienced) Sat 02-Jun-12 20:58:38
Print Post

Likely goes to a utility cupboard and a connetor box which is the main internal DP (main BT feed for the building).

My Broadband Speed Test

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User lt567
(committed) Sat 02-Jun-12 21:18:26
Print Post

Wonderful, thanks both. Take care.
  Print Thread

Jump to