Technical Discussion
  >> Technical Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 07-Jun-12 08:18:39
Print Post

Netgear Router dgnd3700 n600 help.

[link to this post]

Had to pick up a new router yesterday so went with what i know best and got another Netgear DGND3700.

Seems to work exactly how i expected wired to the Imac and i needed to test my consoles which are wired by ethernet downstairs.

Xbox 360 connected and ran test ok but does not display downstream and upload speed but all was fine,however when running a Playstation 3 test all was fine until it seemed to stall when searching for the Nat which is type 2 but then it will not display the normal download and upload speeds and gives a error at the bottom of the screen which reads like this.

The router you are using may not support ip fragments so contact your supplier.?

Read a little about it on the internet and a lot of it is about MTU values,checked my previous router DG834gt and changed the value in the new one and ran a test but still getting same errors.

Next stop Netgear phone support as i really would like to see the download speeds and upload speeds when running a playstation 3 connection test even though i can play online games.

Besides the fragment error it also tells me i may have problems playing online games and i dont want this to be happening.

Anyone with any ideas please advice as I'm open to trying whatever,don't have this problem with my older netgear routers which are netgear and i have downloaded the latest firmware but still no good.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 07-Jun-12 12:20:23
Print Post

Re: Netgear Router dgnd3700 n600 help.

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Never mind i sorted it myself ?

On the phone to netgear and they said they had not encountered the problem before,dont think so because if you do a Google search for Playstation 3 /Netgear/Fragment problems you will find 100s of posts regarding the problem.

Anyway while waiting for a call back from Level 2 support from netgear i happened to come across a thread regarding a similar problem which i tried out.

Its regarding the Multiplexing setting llc-based and VC based,new router was auto configured and put this on llc-based so i changed it to VC based and then ran the playstation connection test and it sailed through with flying colours.

So i checked everything else after the change just to see i had not mucked something else up and all seems ok,then checked the Multiplexing setting on previous router [older] and it was on VC-BASED so that explains it.

What does surprise me and Netgear themselves is why when i connected the router yesterday it did not detect what setting it should be on regarding my isp like my previous 2 older routers.

Should work for technical support with netgear me thinks tongue

Anyway thought i would post this just in case someone has a similar problem in the future ,also told netgear may be they should put this fix right with a firmware update in the future.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 07-Jun-12 12:36:59
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

It always helps to check router settings against previous working router, esp. when they are such basic settings as this.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 07-Jun-12 15:48:50
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Agreed mate but you would have thought it would have auto detected my isp setting just like it did with the majority of them.

When you got a couple of other routers around 6 years old doing all the settings for you then you expect a more recent updated router to do the same.

All i have to do is put my Login and password.smile
  Print Thread

Jump to