Hoping some of you experts can assist.
We are seeing some ADSL issues whereby the router will disconnect and then reconnect frequently (45 times yesterday apparently). However I watched it stay online for 20, 30, 40 odd minutes at a time last night. Sometimes it is as low as a couple of minutes.
I spoke at length with my ISP who did the following tests.
1. Copper Line Test failed with router connected to test socket.
2. Copper Line Test passed with nothing connected to test socket.
We then experimented with:
1. Adding a filter (initally this failed and then passed with a different filter)
2. Adding a cable (test - passed)
3. Adding the router back in (test - failed)
4. Adding a different router (test - failed)
Both routers have up to date firmware, the second one has been in use for 4-5 years and initially caused some drops a couple of weeks ago hence the move to the backup router which has hardly been used. Everything was fine until the past few days.
More often than not the modem does not report the link to be down just the PPPoA connection as being 'LCP Up' and then reconnects.
Any ideas, their help desk simply said try another router as those two are faulty.
Edited by Mayrhofen (Fri 29-Jun-12 11:07:02)