Technical Discussion
  >> Technical Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User SnuffleTruffle
(newbie) Mon 13-Aug-12 23:07:56
Print Post

Wireless router redirecting to bt wholesale

[link to this post]

Hi guys,
I've just tried to replace my aunt's bt adsl modem (not wireless) with a tp-link TD-W8961ND wireless router but having gone through set-up whenever i try to go to a webpage all I get is the BT wholesale page.

I don't know what I should do to fix this, am I able to just change from a non-wireless internet to wireless? Are there certain types of broadband internet that don't allow wireless?
Any help would be greatly appreciated =)
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 13-Aug-12 23:41:28
Print Post

Re: Wireless router redirecting to bt wholesale

[re: SnuffleTruffle] [link to this post]

Have to transferred the Dial-Up Networking, I presume she was using with a dial-up modem, settings (username & Pwd) to the router? Also Browser connection setting to "Never dial"?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User StephenTodd
(member) Tue 14-Aug-12 09:37:06
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Have you got the correct login on the router? It should probably be username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com, with any password. (Some routers won't accept empty or all blank passwords). If you still have the HomeHub, you can connect that temporarily and check the username it was using. You should not use your 'personal' username and password; that is for various other BT services.

--
Moved (with trepidation) to BT Infinity 2 for upload speed. Happy BE user for several years.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 14-Aug-12 13:53:06
Print Post

[re: StephenTodd] [link to this post]

That's effectively the same advice I gave to the OP, who does not have a HH, only an ADSL modem.

Learn to use the correct Reply button.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
  Print Thread

Jump to