Technical Discussion
  >> Technical Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User JaspalSingh
(regular) Sun 02-Sep-12 18:52:07
Print Post

Internet Speed Issues

[link to this post]

Hi,

I have been with AOL for over ten years now. Its been ok. I am paying around a tenner for unlimited broadband of upto 8MB speed.

For the past week, I noticed that I was not getting any connection, when I did, the speeds varied about 400k. So I sent them a email, no response, after around 7 days, I called them and they done a line test, where they said there is a fault with my router.

So I changed my router, got one they recommened, installed it and same problem. I called them again, they done another test asking me to plug the router directly into the master socket, with the old and new router. Well the router was fine, they said, the router is not sending data back to the server as quick as it should, they said it was a stability problem.

They have booked an engineer who is coming in couple of days.

Does this mean this is a fault on their end?

I tried finding other people who might be having the same problem, only a few people are having speed issues. There is one guy who seems to be having similar problems to me...and is with aol...

thanks

jaspal

ps. I did see a BT guy doing some work on the telegraph pole last week, around the same time I started having these problems...

Edited by JaspalSingh (Sun 02-Sep-12 18:53:52)

Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Sun 02-Sep-12 19:06:09
Print Post

Re: Internet Speed Issues

[re: JaspalSingh] [link to this post]

The engineer will come, check the ADSL signal for sync and errors. Make an end to end pair quality test of the line. Generally see where the problem lies.

(regular) Sun 02-Sep-12 19:56:45
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Thanks,

I just hope the problem isn't on my side, as I'll be whacked with a £50 charge.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User rippedcotton
(experienced) Mon 03-Sep-12 16:55:54
Print Post

[re: JaspalSingh] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by JaspalSingh:
Thanks,

I just hope the problem isn't on my side, as I'll be whacked with a £50 charge.

Well if the problem happens with two separate routers in the test socket then that suggests strongly that the problem is in the BT part of the line, which is everything from the test socket back to the exchange.

--

Brian

Zen Active
(regular) Mon 03-Sep-12 23:17:08
Print Post

[re: rippedcotton] [link to this post]

I will call AOL a day before and have them run the tests again, to be honest, I just don't trust them, lol.

Also, in the next few days, the problem could fix itself.
  Print Thread

Jump to