Technical Discussion
  >> Technical Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User bbtyke
(newbie) Mon 24-Sep-12 08:29:27
Print Post

Changed router

[link to this post]

Just changed my router as it packed up from a Talk Talk Dlink to a Netgear. Seem to have configured it all ok but at the end it asks for Password and username. Any idea what these could be as ive tried various ones.

Any help much appreciated
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Mon 24-Sep-12 08:55:26
Print Post

Re: Changed router

[re: bbtyke] [link to this post]

if this is the username and password for your Talk Talk broadband service its usually something like phonenumber@talktalk.net

there's a password recovery service if you dial from the relevant land line

or access your account on the web site and look there

http://help.talktalk.co.uk/app/answers/detail/a_id/1...

--

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Standard User bbtyke
(newbie) Mon 24-Sep-12 13:04:10
Print Post

[re: yarwell] [link to this post]

yeh thats what i thought. Not sure what the password is then if that is the username. I didnt know whether it was the one that was on the original router (ive never changed it) or whether this was the passoword to get into my email accounts etc.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User greenglide
(committed) Mon 24-Sep-12 14:27:17
Print Post

Yarwell has provided you with a link to the password recovery methods.

It is "normal" for this to be the same as a password for email etc but not guaranteed.

Assuming this is the user name and password for BB access (as opposed to user name and password for access to the router of the wireless key) then these would not originally be on the outside of the router (except for SKY were the user name / password combination identifies the router, not the account).

BT Infinity 2 - IP profile 77 / 20 - super fast!
Previously BE Unlimited - 21,000 Download 1,200 Upload but then moved house - 6,500 Down, 1Mb/s up - gutted!
Ex <n>ildram , been to SKY MAX - 15,225 Download
Standard User bbtyke
(newbie) Mon 24-Sep-12 18:29:52
Print Post

[re: greenglide] [link to this post]

Thanks guys. Well ive returned home from work and switched the router on and it never asked me any questions re password and username. It just jumped online as i turned it on.
Do you think this is ok now? Im hoping im not going to be charged for usage. How do i che k to see if i have set this up properly for the Talk Talk network?
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 04-Oct-12 09:53:06
Print Post

Not sure if you are talking about your isp username and Password or the netgear router user and pasword.

All netgear routers have a default setting for logging into your netgear router 192.168.0.1

And they are.

Username ....admin
Password.......password.
  Print Thread

Jump to