Technical Discussion
  >> Technical Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User foseco
(newbie) Tue 02-Oct-12 05:26:03
Print Post

Virgin ADSL Router

[link to this post]

Hi All

Have Virgin ADSL at home with the rather pittiful Netgear DGN1000 router. I decided to change it as the wireless is very poor and have been having a lot of drop outs on some devices while others stay connected.

Went for the Linksys X2000 and have configured it as far as I can. Cloned the MAC address from the Netgear router and matched everything as far as I can see between the two. Router will not connect, just states connecting.

Any help would be very useful. Can post screenshots if needed.

Thanks
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 02-Oct-12 09:32:36
Print Post

Re: Virgin ADSL Router

[re: foseco] [link to this post]

You did enter your Virgin username and password?

What VPI/VCI and encapsulation did you configure?

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User foseco
(newbie) Wed 03-Oct-12 03:19:44
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I entered my full username @virgin.com and tried both my account password and email passwords.

I set the VCi to 38 as per the settings on the Netgear router. Only difference I can see is the MTU is set to auto and it was set to 1458 on the Netgear.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Wed 03-Oct-12 03:36:24
Print Post

[re: foseco] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by foseco:
I entered my full username @virgin.com and tried both my account password and email passwords.

I set the VCi to 38 as per the settings on the Netgear router. Only difference I can see is the MTU is set to auto and it was set to 1458 on the Netgear.

I don't know if this is still the same but about 5 years ago a friend of mine was on virgin ADSL even though his email was name@virgin.com or .net cant remember his ADSL user name was something like user@adsl.virgin.net and had a different password to his email account he had to ring up to find this out before he could get his router working.

Hope this is some help

Ash

littlebigone.com FTTC 70000/23828 kbps Bigtv+ IPTV Package 588M from the cab 6dB snr 22Aten
  Print Thread

Jump to